Chapter 8 - Lovely Explanations and Letters

I can’t believe that I just did that! I just kissed him! What’s gotten into me! I would’ve never done that a couple weeks ago! 

I kept wondering about my actions making my way to the Gryffindor common room. 

“Hey Bea, how was Hogsmeade with Malfoy?” George asks while wiggling his eyebrows. 

“How’d you know that I was with Draco?” I asked, sitting on the couch, getting a head start on my upcoming homework. 

“Just a hunch, but be careful okay? He doesn’t have the best reputation.” I look at George, and he has a worried expression.

“I will, don’t worry George.” I smiled back at him, and pulled him in for a hug. 

“Well looky here, what are you two doing?” Fred says, walking in on me and George’s embrace.

“Just a little comforting is all Fred,” George says, keeping one arm around my shoulder. 

“Are you okay? Did something happen?” Fred asks, coming over and sitting beside me.

“Yeah, i’m just peachy!” I reply. This causes the twins to chuckle. 

“Peachy? Well, anyways i’m glad you’re all good.” Fred says hugging me from the side. 

“Hey, Bea, what are you doing for Christmas break?” George asks. I turn to face him. 

“Nothing, so I guess i’m staying here...” I say. Wow, this would be my first Christmas away from my family. Where are they. Are they even alive? Thinking this a tear drips down from my cheek.

“Hey, it’s okay, you’re coming for Christmas with us, at the Burrow! You wont be alone. I promise.” Fred coos in my ear. I wrap both arms around the twins, and lean my head on Fred’s shoulder. 

“Thanks guys, but are you sure it’s okay?” I reply. I mean I don’t want to impose. 

“Yeah, it’s fine, Harry always comes too, and The Order too, and we’ll owl mum in the morning wont we George!” Fred asks, bopping his twin on the head.

“Yes, that we will do! Anyways, Beatrix are you ready for the first game against Slytherin tomorrow?” George inquires. Crap I forgot all about that!

“Yeah-h, I guess, I have to admit though, i’m kinda nervous.” 

“Oh, you shouldn’t be, Slytherin are over rated. I mean, come on, snakes couldn’t even throw a bludger or a quaffle!” George says randomly. I laugh again.

“What does that have to do with the game tomorrow?” I say in between laughs. By now Fred’s laughing too. 

“You know what, you two just don’t get my wisdom!” George exclaims before getting up and heading towards the boys dormitory. 

Now it’s just me and Fred sitting on the couch, in front of the fire, with his arm around my waist and my head on the nook of his shoulder. I know that i’m practically going out with Draco, but this just feels so right. It feels comforting, and loving. Like home in a weird way. It’s like love verses infatuation, Fred verses Draco. I’m going to have to make a decision, but I just don’t know what to do. 

“You know, this is nice.” Fred says. I can’t help but smile at his simplicity.

“Yeah, it is nice. You’re really comfortable.” I tell him, and he just chuckles at me. 

“Thank you, would you want to, um, like hang out sometime?” Fred asks nervously. Is he asking me out? Or just as friends. Either way, I want to spend much more time with this red headed boy.