Chapter 14 - A Very Merry Christmas?

A very dark, dusty hall laid before me. Black and green paint splattered against the walls, leading to a small room, barely lit by the flickering fire of red and gold. A couple old, blood red sofas were sporadically placed throughout the room. Two slim figures were sitting on two different sofas, one with a sickly bald head, and a black cloak. The other, a slightly smaller figure, of platinum blonde hair, but wearing a suit, instead of a cloak. 

“What? You were supposed to gain her trust!” Hissed the first voice, laden with hatred and disgust. 

“I’m sorry my lord, she saw me-” Quivered the second voice, only to be interrupted.

“I know what’s happened. But we need her. She’s important!! I have done so much work, only for you to destroy it!” 

“I know, my lord, i’m truly sorry my lord. I will fix it, you will have her.” Now they figures, stood, still facing the fire. What are they talking about. A girl. Who? If only they would turn around, then I could just see their faces. 

“You will, you better or-” 

Suddenly the room was dissolving, turning to black. This is just a dream, this is just a dream. I try to comfort myself, but it felt, it feels so real. Suddenly a voice obstructs my thought.

“Think you could get away, think you could hear our conversation and get away without being heard did you?”

I looked around. There’s nobody here in this black dream. Where’s the voice coming from? 

I look around, trying to spot the accuser. My pulse quickens, palms sweating.

“Forever forget what you’ve heard.” Licks a whispering voice sending chills down my spine. I have to get out of here. I turn and turn, but there’s no door, no window, just black. 

“I warned you. AVADA KEDA-” 

“Bea, Bea are you okay?” My eyes open releasing me from my dream. The room above me spins. “Bea, just relax.” It finally stops and my gaze rests on Hermione. I look around, and see that it’s thankfully just me and her. I feel around. Yes, i’m in my bed, in Ginny’s room, in the Burrow.

“What happened?” I asked, truly worried. 

“I don’t know.” Says Hermione quietly. “I came in and you were writhing in your bed, I couldn’t wake you, I tried-” She says, a tear dripping down her cheek.

“It’s okay, thanks.” I say, trying to force a smile onto my face. I would have to talk about this to someone. Maybe Harry? He does know about a lot of weird stuff. 

“C’MON DOWN GIRLS, IT’S CHRISTMAS FOR HEAVENS SAKE!” Once again yells Mrs Weasley.

“I guess we should.” Says Hermione quietly. I nod, and sit up, and get out of bed, following Hermione down the many stair cases, and hallways.

“There you girls are! Here, here, there’s some breakfast in the kitchen, but I reckon you’ll want to open some gifts wont you?” Mrs Weasley smiles. She guides us over to the living room. Everyone’s sitting around a mountain of rapping paper, smiling and laughing. A wave of relief floods over me. This is my life. That dream meant nothing.

“Hey, Bea, Hermione get here’s some things for you!” Says Ron, before once again stuffing his face. An action he’s quite famous for.

“Thanks, I smile sitting down on the floor beside Fred and Ginny, leaning against the sofa. Everybody’s smiling and laughing, everyone creating a happy and cheerful atmosphere. 

“Merry Christmas love,” Fred smiles at me, showering me in a warm fuzzy feeling, just before he kisses me on the cheek. 

“Merry Christmas” I smile back. That reminds me. “Hey, Harry,” I say, making him divert his gaze from his new Quidditch book, to me. “Could I talk to you later today.” I ask. 

“Yeah sure,” He replies, obviously slightly confused. Fred gives me another curious look, but I just shake my head. 

The morning continues, with a mix of presents, greetings and Christmas cookies. Finally, I escape and grab Harry and pull him out to the chilly yard of The Burrow.

“So what is it?” Harry asks, as we walk around the frozen yard of The Burrow.

“Have you ever had... Weird dreams before?” I ask him. He stops and turns to face me.

“Yes, but since you’re telling me about this dream, it’s important isn’t it?” 

“Well, I don’t know... I’ve never had a dream like it. It felt so real... Important...” Harry still gives me a confused look, so I give in and tell him the whole dream. 

“Well, I don’t think that’s any ordinary dream. I think you were seeing something important. Whatever those people were talking about, they needed it badly.. The needed her badly...” Harry says. 

“The voices sounded really familiar though... I know i’ve heard them before.” I say, it’s true, the answer is on the tip of my tongue.

“I wonder who she is... The girl they need...” Harry says, as we continue walking.

“I don’t know.. Thanks Harry.. I really needed to tell someone, and you’ve had lots of experience with this kind of thing...” I smile. 

He chuckles back at me “I guess I have... Tell me if you have any other dreams like this one, and maybe we can piece together who they are, and who they want. Hopefully we can find her before they do.” Now it was my turn to give Harry a confused look. “Well,” Harry continues, “they didn’t sound like they were the nicest people, and they were desperate, and that’s not a very good combination...