CHAPTER 4: FIRST DAY

Hello buddies! Hope you all are doing great. Well it was a hectic week since my school had given me a lot of tasks but I am back to give you an update. Hope you will enjoy!🤗
_________________________________________

Elissa's POV

I woke up with a hangover and saw that it was 8:15 am. I stretched out and let out a large yawn. I was actually a bit refreshed due to the last night. All thanks to Lily. I checked my phone to see any notification from my Instagram account but became actually shocked to see 5 missed calls from an unknown number.

Who could have called me?

I dialled that number. After a few rings, the person picked up.

"He.."

"Good Morning this is Anna Mathews speaking. Miss Elissa Ellington you are appointed as the personal secretary of Edward Nicholson and you are requested to come at 8:30am."

She cut the phone.

1

2

3..

"WHAT THE FUCK! I AM GOT THE JOB! MEANS I AM NOT JOBLESS?"

Then suddenly I remembered the words.

"...and you are requested to come at 8:30am"

I glanced at the clock and the saw the time.

8:20am..

Shit! Shit! Shit!

Double shit!

Triple shit!

Why the fuck I am still sitting?

I jumped out of my bed stumbling a little while making my way towards the bathroom. I did my morning rituals and rushed in for a shower. It took me 1 minute to take the bath and got myself dressed for my first day. I glanced at the clock and the time was 8:35am.

I am freaking late for my first day.

I sprinted outside of the house and luckily I got a cab. I reached there in 10 minutes. I looked at myself in the rear view mirror and got out.

I went towards the reception and there was Anna behind the table. I ran upto her and waved.

"Hey"

She glanced at her watch and said "You are 20 minutes late"

"Yeah I just overslept"

"You are lucky that the boss hasn't arrived yet due to personal issues. His younger brother is in the cabin. You can go and ask him about the work you have to do".

"Okay"

"9th floor left hand second room"

"Thank you"

I went towards the lift and guess what I saw people staring at me. I suddenly felt self conscious. Hadn't I dressed properly? But I put out all the thoughts and went straight to the office. I knocked before entering and heard a faint "come in". I entered the office and took in its features. It was blue and white which suited to my liking. Behind the huge table sat a well handsome man with sharp features.

Wait! He seems familiar.

My eyes widened when realisation struck me. This was the same guy from the club on whom we were going to prank. I looked away from him before he could realise I was openly gawking at him.

"Miss Ellington?"

"Yes sir"

Pat! Pat! I didn't knew that I have so much confidence.

"You are late"

"I am sorry sir, I came to know a few minutes before my arrival"

"You are lucky that my elder brother hasn't arrived yet, otherwise you were going to be fired on your first day"

Why the hell is everyone scaring me about my boss? Who is he? A beast or a monster which is gonna eat me? No no. How can he eat me? I have so many dreams to fulfill. I have to take care of Lily, find a partner for myself and grow old with him.

"ELISSA!!!"

"Ye..yes sir"

"Don't get lost in your thoughts otherwise my brother will make sure that you will be lost the rest of your life" he chuckled.

"Oh..ok sir"

"Hello, I am Aaron Nicholson, younger brother of Edward Nicholson. Well unfortunately you are selected as his secretary"

Unfortunately?

"Wait for sometime, he will arrive soon"

"Sure sir"

I sat on the couch at the far end of the office and looked at my watch.

Which boss comes late? Well Wattpad bosses don't come late. Uh Elissa! This is not Wattpad! This is real life!

I got bored so thought to read the Entangled series by _SoloBird_.

Believe me, it's the best book in Wattpad I have ever read. The characters are just awesome. Arianna Jones and Xavier Knight, Daniel Adams and Eloise Nicole and the lovely Lauren Hart and Sean Peterson. Right now I am in Kiss of Possession! Uff Ryan Peterson and Amara Knight! I just love them!

My thoughts were broken by the opening of the cabin door. I put my phone back in my bag and stood up. A man entered the cabin dressed in a red tuxedo and his hair set forward.

Fuck! He is a Greek God!

"Miss Ellington, meet your boss Mr. Edward Nicholson"

Both of our eyes met and his eyes rested on mine for a few seconds before turning back to his brother.

I walked a few steps upto him before putting my hand forward for a handshake.

"Hello Sir, I am your new secretary, Elissa Ellington"

He looked up at me and gripped my hand for a tight handshake.

"Nice to meet you Miss Ellington. Hope you will work with all your dedication and energy for this company" he said in a deep voice.

"Sure sir" I said, my voice laced with confidence.

Aaron sneaked past from me and before he could leave he came near my ears.

"Best of luck for your life" he whispered.

I looked back at him in confusion.

Life? Is he going to kill me or what?

I looked forward and saw Mr. Nicholson already in his chair with his two hands at the back of his head, leaning back and his one leg put over the another. His tuxedo hugged his biceps clearly and he was leaning back. I took a deep breathe and went in front of his desk.

I have to fucking work with this Greek God!

_________________________________________

Oh my gosh! 1022 words!!!! I can't believe I wrote such a lengthy chapter. Anyways I tried something new rather than the same Wattpad cliche.

I love you my cuties.

Signing off from here..

Yours
Kolkata_writes

S.C