Chapter 17: Proposal

HEYOO ALL! WELL MY EXAMS ARE STARTING FROM 28th June🙂! BUT MY MIND IS STUCK HERE! SO THAT'S WHY I AM HERE! ENJOY THE UPDATE!🤭❤️
_________________________________________

Elissa

The sunrays peeked through the window and fell on the empty space in my bed beside me. The previous day rewinded in my head.

Edward being pervert, my resignation, Aaron and Lisa's union and the small night party.

Then suddenly it struck me!

I am jobless now!

I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and stood under the shower. I stripped my clothes as the hot water trickled down my body. Being jobless wasn't my cup of tea and I felt restless. I need to find a job quickly.

After 20 minutes, I came out of the shower. I decided to check on Lisa, Aaron and Ava.

I peeked into Lisa's room and saw Ava and Lisa, on the bed and their hands wrapped around each other, snoring out loudly. Aaron was hanging slightly out from the couch.

I decided to let them sleep meanwhile I made breakfast.

"Good morning Elissa" Ava yawned rubbing her eyes.

"Morning Ava, slept well?"

"Yeah"

"How's everything with Blair going?"

"He's good and kind. Tomorrow he is taking me somewhere, it's a secret"

"Progress, I see. I need the details you know"

"Okay"

Ava went away from the kitchen. My phone dinged with a message.

Mr. Blue balls🐖: Can you meet me at office, today evening? Please..it's urgent

I thought to reply him with "No, I have more important work", "Not more urgent than my sleep" or "🙄🖕🏻" but I thought that would be inappropriate. So I texted back..

Me: Okay, I will be there at 6.

I kept the phone back and went back to my cooking.

What could be possibly so urgent?

♥♦••♦♥

I stepped into the same office from where I resigned today morning. It might be a strange thing but..

Yeah! Dear readers, I really came. No dirty thoughts

The whole office was decorated beautifully with red and white heart shaped balloons.

"Hello? Anyone here?"

My voice echoed through the empty office.

"Mr. Edward, where are you?"

I felt a hot breath near my neck and immediately stepped forward. I looked back and saw Edward standing behind me with a broad smile on his face.

"Umm excuse me Sir, why did you called me?"

"Please sit, Elissa"

"Sir, I don't think that's possible after what happened today morning"

"Elissa, I don't know when it happened but I love you"

"I am sorry..what?"

"I love you, Elissa Ellington"

"Why?"

"What do you mean?"

"Uh...nothing. I mean YOU LOVE ME? Is this a joke?"

"Oh no! After you left I realised that I love you"

"Eh?"

"Yeah, you are not like other girls who jump to me for my money, power and wealth"

"Other girls? Means every other girl had jumped to your arms except me? Even the Vice President of USA?

"I..uh..er.."

"Edward, I am sorry. I couldn't accept your proposal."

"Why? Do you love someone?"

"I don't have someone in my personal doesn't means that I have to accept your proposal"

"Accept my proposal, Elissa. I could give you everything"

"But I don't want you"

"Why? What is your problem in accepting me?"

"Because I don't love you."

"Please accept it"

"I said NO"

"Please, Elissa"

"LEARN TO TAKE NO AS NO" I snapped at him.

I went past him but he held my hand.

"Leave me, Edward"

Suddenly he pulled me towards him and pinned me to the wall. He inched closer to me and I closed my eyes.

It couldn't happen!

"No one resisted my charms, Elissa. I could have proposed any other girl in the world and they would have happily accepted. You are lucky that I proposed you. But you dared to say 'no' that you weren't supposed to say. Remember Elissa, Edward Nicholson has set your eyes on you and he will get what is his. Remember that."

He stepped backward and I released my breath. He slowly walked away leaving me alone in the office room.

I slid down the wall and took my hips closer to my chest.

For the first time, I feared! I feared rejecting someone. Men and their fragile egos! Why are they so weak?

It would have been better if I accepted him.

I made up my mind and stood up.

"I am never going to accept you, Edward. I am never going to bow down to you."
_________________________________________

Hmm..any thoughts about Edward?

Any curses to Edward?

Well I met a boy who can't take no as no🙄. I blocked him! As easy as it is!

You all are my lovely squirrels💋🐿️

Byeee..

Yours truly

Srijita Chakraborty