Chapter 15: Arguments

Elissa

"Hey Elissa"

Anna chirped as soon as she saw me. She always seemed a nice girl compared to the receptionists I have read in Wattpad fanfiction.

"Hey Anna, will you mind if I borrow your free time for today"

"Sure, so today's plan?"

"Yeah, can we meet at the Coochie Café today?"

Please say yes, please.

"Why not?"

"Thank you dear"

I walked off straight to Edward's office wanting to talk about yesterday's matter.

"May I come in, Sir?"

I heard a faint come in and opened the door. The sound of my heels clicked on the floor of the cabin as I saw him look up.

"Elissa, is my plan ready for today?"

"Sir, when you have choosen me as your secretary, then I hope that I might have been the most capable out there among other candidates. I know all my duties and I believe everything should remain professional between us"

He raised an eyebrow at me. I threw the letter towards him and he immediately caught it.

"This letter of yours, tells that you are not at all professional with me"

"Elissa, I didn't send any kind of letter to you"

He got up from his seat and stepped towards me.

"So? Who might be that cunt who dared to send such kind of letter to Mr. Edward Nicholson's secretary?"

"It was Jaxon, Mr. Vegas' secretary"

"Whom are you fooling, Edward?"

He was taken a little aback by my words.

"I have been working for you for almost a month now. Didn't you expect me to know your handwriting as well?"

Did I looked like a fool to him?

He was out of words.

"Say something, MR. NICHOLSON"

My voice raised slightly at the end. He was still quiet.

"Your silence proves that you are guilty"

"Yes, yes, yes. I sent that letter to you. Was there any wrong in it?" Edward said angrily.

I chuckled humorously.

"Wrong? Sir, do you understand? A boss ain't supposed to send this kind of letter to his secretary."

"I wanted to thank you"

"Sir, this stupid excuse isn't gonna work everytime. And wait! What did you wanted to say? Thank you? Then I think you sent it in the wrong address. Because all of you need is to say sorry to me."