CHAPTER 12: Exposed

This one for my fellow Indians! Lagaan will remain my favourite 🥰
______________________________________

Elissa's POV...

I saved my bones from breaking as I woke up before almost falling from the chair. I didn't realised when I fell asleep on the chair. I looked on the bed to see Edward slowly awaking. He suddenly sits up abruptly and looks around. I muster up my courage and went near him.

"Elissa, where am I?"

"We are in your room, Sir."

"Why..I couldn't remember anything, why?"

My heart almost cried out when I saw tears coming out of his eyes.

"My neck is hurting, I couldn't remember anything... what happened..what happened to me.. please tell me."

He suddenly tugged me towards him and encircled his arms around my waist. His head was buried in my bare stomach. I was surprised by his sudden action but regained my composure and encircled my arms around his head. I ruffled his hair and kissed it.

"You are safe, Edward. You are safe."

"They injected something on my neck..and..an..and I don't remember what happened next."

He spoke while tears strolled down his eyes. At that time, he didn't felt like the workaholic boss of Nick's Corporation. He felt like a flower which will be torn any moment. He wasn't the strong man anymore, he was fragile, delicate and a normal man.

I cupped his cheeks and made him look towards me.

"Look at me, Edward. Look at me. Nothing happened to you. You are safe."

He nodded lightly and I asked him to change while I changed myself.

I took out a chip from my cleavage and kept it in my pocket.

I informed Adren about Edward and went to my destination.

The place was filled with many people and paparazzi. I broke open the door and the hall fell into silence.

Jaxon, Mr. Vegas' secretary glared at me.

"I guess you all are done listening to the shit Mr. Vixen is talking about?"

"That's Mr. Jaxon."

"Oops sorry" I giggled.

"So well Mr. Jaxon what you have told them?"

"Your boss tried to molest our clients. He should be jailed."

He showed the pics. I would have believed them if I didn't knew the truth. I smirked and decided to put the projector on. I inserted the drive and in minutes, the truth came out.

"Any last words, Mr. Vixe..oops Jaxon?"

Jaxon grumbled something and walked away. Before the reporters could swarm around me, I fled from there.

****

Returning back to the hotel, we quickly packed our luggage. I had hid all the information from him.

"Are you hiding something from me, Miss Ellington?"

"Umm..no?" It sounded more like a question.

He raised an eyebrow at me but I quickly avoided his question.

No one of us spoke a single word during the journey. He was quiet all the time, maybe thinking about something.

We reached the airport and soon we boarded the flight. I tucked the airpods in my ears and dozed off.

The song always motivates me.

All smiles, I know what it takes to fool this town
I'll do it 'til the sun goes down and all through the night time
Oh yeah
Oh yeah, I'll tell you what you wanna hear
Leave my sunglasses on while I shed a tear
It's never the right time
Yeah, yeah
I put my armor on, show you how strong how I am
I put my armor on, I'll show you that I am
I'm unstoppable
I'm a Porsche with no brakes
I'm invincible
Yeah, I win every single game
I'm so powerful
I don't need batteries to play
I'm so confident
Yeah, I'm unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
I'm unstoppable today

I was awaken by a slight push on my elbow. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Edward leaning onto me. The heat radiating off his body was somewhat comfortable.

I cleared my throat and he moved away.

"You want to say something, Sir?"

"I..I..um..no."

And he turned away.

Weird!

I again tried to doze off but Edward again nudged me.

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

"Thank you for rescuing me from there."

A smile graced my face and my heart fluttered.

"It was my duty to save the CEO as a secretary."

He hummed in response and went back to his seat. I looked out of the window and soon I drifted off to sleep.
________________________________________

Wait! The views are increasing 😃. Got some motivation so updated.

Love you guys.

Thank you to all those who are reading this.

Question:- How did you find this book?

Quote of the day- Marks don't define your capability, it defines you how capable you are as a robot.

Bye..
Lots of love and hugs

SC