Chapter 23: DAD! MOM!

I spent the whole day with Ava in her room. Edward came later that evening and when Ava tried to confront him, he slipped away slyly.

I was in the shower when I heard shouting from downstairs.

Ha! Take that you ass! Go, Ava!

But when the commotion didn't stop even after 30 minutes, I decided to go downstairs. I slipped on the clothes Ava gave me and went down.

"Mom? Dad?"

It was only a whisper but they heard it. They turned towards me and my dad's eyes met mine. The eyes which were raging now turned soft.

"Elissa? Why did this prig kidnapped me?"

"Excuse me, Sir but you are in my house now."

"Oh shut up, will you?"

In an instant, Edward took out his gun and pointed it at my dad's forehead. I tried to run but was caught instantly by the guards.

"Watch your tongue, Mr. Ellington. We don't want the absence of the person who will hand over his daughter to me at the altar."

My father looked at him in a bored expression.

"And guards, take her to my room. I need to have a private moment with my bride-to-be. And Elissa, let me tell you something. Our wedding is in a week!"

"No, leave me, leave me, you pigs! Ava! Ava! Help me!"

"Please leave my daughter, Mr. Nicholson. I will make her understand. I will make her agree to marry you and to live with you." My mom pleaded.

"Mom, what are you even saying?"

"Shushh child, it's for your best. I will talk to you later."

"Mom.."

"Leave her brother!"

Ava's loud voice came from the top of the stairs.

"Told him multiple times. He's too much annoying." My father complained to Ava like a parent who complains about his child to the teacher.

Edward's eyes narrowed at them as he finally understood he has no respect in this house.

"Ava! Go back to your room!"

Ava was already down the stairs and was near me. She tried to unwrap me out of the guard's hand. The guard pushed her by touching her chest. In an instant, he was shot down by Edward.

"Don't dare to touch my sister!"

The man breathed his last and father still held a bored look.

"Gentlemen, that's enough violence for today. Can I go to my daughter's room?" My father voiced out.

Edward was helpless as he was once again unsuccessful in getting his way with me.

Once I was in my room, I ran and hugged my dad.

"Cease this arm and hand movements immediately, young lady."

My father jerked me off and I fell to the ground which earned a snicker from Ava.

"Uncle, Aunty, it's a serious situation. Edward is there waiting for his prey. We should be present everytime with Elissa."

Both of them nodded.

"May I know your name, girl?" Mother asked.

"Ava Nicholson."

"You mean.."

"Yes, I am his sister."

I went up to Ava and held her hands.

"Ava, the wedding is in a week. We need to stop it."

"I know."

"Can't we go to the police?"

"In this world, where everything runs with money, can you think that the police will help us?"

I was silent.

"We have to find another way."

Suddenly something crossed my mind. I gulped and held Ava.

"Ava, do you believe me?"

"Yes."

"I want to tell you something. Don't misunderstand me for whatever happens in this week."

"I promise, I won't."
_________________________________________

Holaa! My lovelies.

Hope you all are doing well. No time left for a long note. I have my dance classes soon. Gotta go and get ready quickly. Bye!!!