Chapter 13: Lunch

Hello everyone! Thank you everyone for such an overwhelming response! Let's start right away!
_________________________________________

Elissa's POV

Few days later...

It was just like another hectic day at office. After returning from France, Edward had become quiet but I didn't bothered him thinking he needs some space.

The job of a personal secretary is not so easy. I don't know why people overlook on it. You have to be super quick, a good time manager and having maintenance skills. Especially when you have a grumpy Koala always ready to choke you if you even miss anything.

The door barged open and I almost fell out of my chair. I squinted my eyes at the grinning person in front of me.

Damn Aaron!

"At least respect the door, Aaron."

"Oh come on Eli, you love my presence so thought about a surprise."

I rolled my eyes at him. He ran towards me and engulfed me in a bear hug.

Damn! I missed him.

"How's Ava?"

"Mentally unstable."

"Aaron!!"

"No, seriously! She's a little disturbed about something and refuses to open it to us."

"Let's give her a surprise."

Aaron nodded quickly and I laughed. A knock on the door disturbed us.

"Come in."

Anna came and I smiled brightly.

"Anna!!!!!"

"Yupsiee, it's me. Well there's a bouquet for you."

"Aww thanks."

"Well I am not the sender. A delivery man came and gave it."

"Strange!"

"Humm, I see. My sis got a secret admirer!" Aaron cooed.

I shook my head, laughing out loud. A card soon caught me. Anna left the cabin leaving me and Aaron alone.

I know this is a little cheesy but I owe you a thanks! Will you give me the chance? Maybe you can borrow me your lunch time, please ;)

Yours
Edward...

I raised my eyebrow at the name that appeared at the bottom of the letter and especially the word before it.

Mine? Since when? Is he my boyfriend? Is my memory lost? Or I have amnesia?

"Yours?" Aaron smirked at me.

"That's a formal way to write a letter."

"But not a formal way to talk to an employee, right?"

I rolled my eyes and shoved him out of my cabin.

I sat back and looked at the card.

A lunch won't hurt, right?

~©©©~

As soon as the clock ticked 1pm, I packed my bag and went to Edward's cabin. I knocked and a faint "come in" reached my ears.

As soon as the door opened, I could see the wide smile on his face that reached to his eyes.

Ok? Why is he so happy?

"You will go?" He asked with hope in his eyes.

"Yeah, why not?" I said.

He literally jumped out of his chair and grabbed his coat.

"Let's go."

I chuckled lightly and followed him to his car.

We reached quickly as it was the nearest one.

A man came and greeted us.

"Oh hey Edward, after so much time...oh wait! There's another pretty lady here."

He bowed down to me.

"Miss Ellington, meet him. He's Amar Khurana."

My eyes twinkled with amusement.

"Indian?"

"Fortunately yes, lady."

We took our seat while the waiter came.

"Ma'am and Sir your order."

"One plate of Schezwan noodles, two bowls of lemon chilli chicken, two butter chicken burger, one macaroni cheese pasta, one Margherita pizza, one ice cream soda and a mango juice will be enough." I ordered happily.

"And you?" I asked Edward.

"Me? Means you will eat these all alone?"

"Yes, oh come on. I didn't have my breakfast and the dragons are laughing in my stomach. So you know I am a little hungry." I smiled sheepishly.

Edward laughed awkwardly.

"A pineapple latte and a cheese pizza." Edward ordered

"And yeah, don't forget the buffalo wings." I added.

The waiter smiled and went away.

"Thank you." Edward said.

"Welcome." I said casually.

"Can we be on a first name-basis? It will be more comfortable."

"No problem, Edward."

"Ok, Elissa"

We both laughed out. Our orders came soon and I wasted no time in digging in.

I paid the bill. Edward tried to pay but I denied.

"Oh come on, Edward! Your company doesn't pay me to make a net out of it and do fishing."

A cheeky smile graced his face and I couldn't help but aww at it.

________________________________________

Hello my babies! 😁😁😁😁

Aww my dumplings!
Aww my sparrows!
Aww my dying seals!

Uhh sorry! Not the last one!😅

Ok let's talk about Edward!

Edward, you son of a candy. What is your intention?🤨 Why did you invited her for lunch? Speak out the reason first!🤨🤨

Question: Who is your crush?😏

Byee...
SC