Chapter 8: France

To all my Bengali friends and others too:- শুভ নববর্ষ
Hello guys!
*Readers start throwing stones and shoes*
Wait! I know I am late. I am sorry.
*Readers glare*
Hehe.. let's start..
_______________________________________

Elissa's POV...

My body is not working. It feels like I am being forcefully dragged by my feet. This is the 20th time Mr. Edward Nicholson, my oh-not-so-nice-asshole boss has called me in his cabin.

Is this guy mad or is he on drugs? His office is on the 20th floor and mine on 15th. And the most funniest part is that the works that he could email me, he is calling me and telling them.

I tiredly opened his cabin and marched towards his desk.

"Mr. Nicholson, I would be highly honoured if you could mail me instead of calling me." I tiredly speak out.

"Well, you aren't gonna tell me what to do or what not to."

Calm down Elissa! You can't shove a bamboo up your boss's ass.

"Sir, I know I am not allowed to tell you what to do or not but climbing 160 stairs for 20 times is not a matter of joke."

"Everyone climbs the stairs, you aren't the only person."

"Sir.."

"Shall we talk some business?"

I let out a sigh of frustration.

"Yes, sir, Sure."

"Well Elissa, we have got a business problem. The Vegas Company has promised us 60% share of their company but the deal they signed was fake."

"Vegas, you mean the French industrialist?"

"Yes, Mr. Cupboard Vegas"

"Cupboard?"

"Yeah, it's the owner's name."

I tried to hold back my laughter but Mr. Nicholson had a glance of humour at the corner of his lips and I burst out laughing.

Mr. Nicholson flinched at my ugly laugh. I immediately stopped laughing and smiled awkwardly. I reached for the cabin door but again turned back.

Mr. Nicholson raised an eyebrow at me.

"Sir, are you sure his name is Cupboard?"

He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Yeah, any questions?

"No sir."

I sprinted out of his cabin not wanting to embarass myself further.

****

"Seriously!? Cupboard?" Lisa laughed out for the fifth time.

"Who the hell names their kids like this?" I tried to laugh with the melted cheese on the fried cheetos in my mouth.

"I won't even name my pet pigs like that." She stifled back her laughter.

Jack: Promise me you'll survive. That you won't give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Rose, and never let go of that promise.

Rose: I promise. I will never let go, Jack. I'll never let go.

They both close their eyes in the freezing cold. Rose wakes up when she hears the sound of the rescue team calling.

Rose: Jack, Jack, they have come!

Jack remains unmoved.

Rose: Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack!