09 | Dazed state

Serafina Ricci

I was a shadow in a home that I did not claim as my own. Since the last incident I learned how to stay out of Massimo's way. Now there wasn't only one corps I had nightmares about, this time around there were two.

Interacting with others had made me feel more alive. It was the only way I could speak and not feel like I had to shut up. Each time Massimo entered the room, I completely ignored him. As long as I don't get into his way, he wouldn't get in mine. We will both be happy and satisfied. I just had to put up with this uneasy feeling until I could return home. Yet it wasn't clear to me when I would be returning home.

For the past days I had been bored. Especially when Corbin and Aldus where outside doing their job. Honestly I had wanted to go out too. Staying in a house that wasn't even mine was starting to make me feel more and more depressed. Visiting my friend would have brought me happiness, but Massimo had dismissed me before I could even finish my sentence.

Lately he always had this scowl on his face. He always seemed to be angry. Approaching him would be causing me a headache, so I observed him from afar. If there was something bothering me, I would simply speak with Angelo. I really did not want to speak with Massimo again, but this was his house and his rules. Avoiding him wouldn't be that easy.

"Corbin?" I screamed. "Aldus?"

Not a single reply, which automatically annoyed me. They had this habit of ignoring me when I called for them and go into hiding. How old were they? Seriously.

This time around they did not go into hiding but were peaceful eating in the kitchen. I had planned on annoying them and stealing their food but I changed my mind when I noticed the bruises on Corbin's back. My eyebrows rose up in confusion.

"What happened?" I wondered and Corbin simply glanced at me. Normally he wouldn't admit that he was in pain. Usually both of them sucked it up, not wanting me to ask too many questions. Yet Corbin seemed to be tired. I wondered if they had just gotten home from their job. If that was the case it meant that they have been outside the entire night.

"I'm alright, but I do need a hug." Corbin said as he opened his arms. Waiting for me to embrace him. I hugged him despite being scared that I was hurting him.

"You guys didn't sleep?" I wondered when I saw the bags under Aldus eyes.

"We did not. I won't be able to keep you distracted Rosa. I need my beauty sleep." Aldus commented as he stood up to put his plate in the dishwasher.

"It's okay, you should go to bed too Corbin."

"I probably should." He said and let go of me. I watched them go up the stairs. Now I was back to being all alone.

Since I had nothing to do I decided to explore. There was a gym and an entire basketball field. When I saw the pool my eyes instantly lit up. I quickly walked back to the house and found a two piece bathing suit to wear.

The pool was a bit further away from the house. It was a indoors pool located right next to the basketball field. I entered the pool with a lot of excitement. Playing around in the water and completely forgetting that I had other issues to worry about. To the point I had forgotten to bring any towels.

The clothes I had removed were just plastered on the ground. Didn't feel the need to put it on the side neatly. However I suddenly heard someone's voice and immediately recognised it. Quickly got out of the pool and hid my clothes somewhere. Hoping Massimo wouldn't notice my presence.