26 | Maybe I'm faint-hearted, maybe I'm not

Massimo Revello

Working was the only way I could forget about her. For the time being I had to find a way to make my way into her home without Rodrigo knowing. The more I thought about it, the more I realised it would be impossible to keep this hidden from her family.

Marco briefly glanced at me as he sat on the couch inside the office. Confusion written all over his face. "You haven't slept for 2 days straight." He commented and all I could do was shrugged my shoulders.

"I have a lot to do." I replied and although I wasn't lying it still felt like one.

"Come here." Marco said suddenly making me raise my eyebrows.

"Why?" I asked skeptical.

"Come here." He repeated himself and I simply did as I was told.

I dropped the files I had in my hands and made my way to him. Sat beside him curiously, wondering what he had to say.

"You have this habit of always handling everything on your own." He commented and I laughed.

"We all do, one of the few traits we share." I reminded him and for the first time in awhile I witnessed him smiling.

Marco sighed as he closed his eyes tiredly. "We never talk about our family." He continued.

"There is nothing to talk about." I retorted back which made him shake his head in disagreement.

"When father died-"

"Don't start Marco." I warned him.

"When father died we were all relieved and when mother died there was this dark cloud above our heads. No matter how much time has passed yours and Arthur's is only getting heavier." Marco commented.

"With all due respect brother we should keep the dead in the past." I tried to make him change the subject yet he has never been the type to listen to anyone.

"You and Arthur is all I have. Mom's side of the family cut all contact with us and dad's side is either dead or hiding-"

I cut my brother off ."Where are you going with all of this?" I asked confused.

"You distant yourself every time something goes wrong. Weren't you the one that told me we should share our burdens?" Marco wondered and my mouth remains in a thin line. Someone knocked on the door. By the way the person on the other side didn't bother to wait for an answer indicated that it was Arthur.

He stepped inside of the office and looked around in disgust. Despite hating this place he still sat down beside Marco. "You guys having a heart filled conversation?" He asks and I chuckled.

"I'm just telling Massimo that we should share our burdens." Marco explained Arthur.

My younger brother was quiet. Looked around the room in discomfort. His eyes lingering longer on the place where our parents portrait once was. "You took it down?" He wondered and glanced at me.

"Yes." I answered him.

"Is it just me or does it always feels like his mocking us?" Arthur started. "Telling us that even when he has passed we will not be able to run from him." He finished as his eyes were glued on his lap. Too afraid to look up and meet our eyes.