16 | Visitors

Massimo Revello

Sera has always been an open book. Very easy to read, easy to figure out. It was clear that what I said had left a wound on her heart. Her eyebrows knotted together but a small smile appeared on her face. Nodding her head in agreement as she whispered 'right'.

She left my room as she excused herself. Said something about being hungry. I knew she was lying because she didn't eat breakfast this early in the morning, and if she did it will leave her stomach feeling upset. However I didn't say anything, simply let her leave my room.

I'm not sure what she wanted me to say. Or what she expected from me. We shared a kiss, a very nice kiss if I had to be honest. Yet we had boundaries we had to respect. There were lines we couldn't cross. Even admitting it out loud was hard. Those are words that will never escape my mouth. Yes, she was very beautiful and at times irresistible but I'm not the guy she is looking for. It's my duty to crash those thoughts before she has the chance to believe in them.

After a few hours I went downstairs. My hair undone and my shirt unbuttoned. Angelo was making breakfast with Sera. While the guards simply sat around the counter watching them cook.

"So no work today?" Sera wondered and Angelo nodded his head.

"I'm planning on sleeping the entire day. Which means Massimo don't do anything I wouldn't do." Angelo replied and I could hear a giggle escape her mouth.

"Just give me something to eat." I said as I shrugged.

Aldus stood up to set the table and peeked through the window. "It rained pretty hard." He commented.

"You slept well?" Aldus asked Sera. I was curious about her reply. My eyes on her as well as I waited for her answer.

She didn't look up to meet my eyes. "Yeah I slept well."

"Alone?" Aldus wondered clearly surprised.

Sera glanced at me for a brief moment. Unsure of what to say.

"Did you sleep alone?" I wondered just to taunt her. The smile on my face only grew wider.

Sera placed the food on the table with Angelo. "Actually I slept with Massimo."

My eyes slightly wide because I assumed she was too embarrassed to admit it out loud. All eyes were on me. Especially Angelo, I could feel his burning gaze on the side of my face. He wasn't too happy about that.

"Well I sure didn't expect that." Corbin said under his breathe but it was quiet so everyone heard him.

"So...is everyone staying in today?" Sera wondered trying to change the subject.

"Well that's the plan." Angelo replied as he put some food on his plate and started eating. Sera nodded in understanding.

"Arthur is coming later in the day. I'm afraid we won't have much peace." Corbin reminded everyone and I let out a sigh.

It hadn't crossed my mind. Arthur is supposed to pay me a visit and update me about how he is holding up.

My little brother was a handful. He had such a bad temper. Of course I could handle him, but the people around him couldn't. Sometimes I wonder if I did wrong. Forcing him to attend university seemed like such a wise idea. All
I wanted was to get his mind off things. Especially after my mother passed away. Arthur needed another environment. Something less violent and perhaps more ordinary. Yet keeping him away from our lifestyle was much harder.

Distraction didn't work on him after awhile and sometimes he gets himself in trouble on purpose. Arthur was supposed to be good. I had hoped he could get a decent job. Perhaps marry a nice girl and leave a peaceful life. I wanted the best for him and in his place I dreamed about a future away from all the violence.