36 | Part 2: Massimo's birthday

Massimo Revello

Serafina was inside of my room looking through my closet. A frown on her face as she was deep in thoughts. Her mouth slightly open. It's something she did when she was focused.

"Amore?" I called out the her.

"Mm." She replied as she kept pulling clothes of the racks.

"Half of my closet is on the floor. Is there something you are looking for?" I wondered and she glanced me up and down.

"An entire closet with only suits Massimo?" She asked me in disbelief. She continued to look through my closet and smiled as she finally found a white shirt with v neckline. It was a bit oversized but that seems to make her happy. Than she picked out a pair of jeans.

"I should probably wait until the actual party to give your gift but here." Serafina smiled as she handed me a black box. I open it see a sliver necklace.

I placed a kiss on her forehead. "Thank you." She simply nodded. She left the room to let me dress in peace. Knowing I'll get distracted if she stayed with me. By the time I was completely dressed I could hear someone knocking on my door.

"Come in."

Romeo entered my room with his hand buried deep inside of his pockets. A very emotionless face making me smile.

"What are the odds  your good friend makes an appearance Romeo?" I tease him as I put on the necklace Serafina has given me.

"Good friend? Is that what you're calling that bastard now? Either way Rodrigo is always where he isn't meant to be. My mother's ballroom, your house, back at the beach. I'm more than certain he will show up tonight." Romeo replied his eyes darkening.

I stared at myself in the mirror. "I need to be a alert?"

Romeo nodded his head. "My father is keeping an eye on Serafina." I nodded my head in understanding. They are taking this as an opportunity to finally strike back.

"I told Corbin to place cameras around the property. The bodyguards are going to be present however we need to make it seem like there is no security. They well be keeping a close eye from a distance." Romeo continued and I nodded my head.

"Alright." I told him and we drove to my parents house in different cars.

To my surprise there were much more people than I had anticipated. My eyes raised up in confusion as I saw my maternal grandmother speaking with Mrs Ricci. Her blond hair cascading down her back with a few grey hairs. Upon seeing her grey eyes I was reminded of where my brother's eye colour came from.

"I have only seen her in pictures." Arthur comments as he glanced at the elderly woman with a frown on his face.

"You invited her?" Marco wondered and I shook my head. I had no idea who Serafina had invited. Yet it made me wonder how she could possibly find her.

"Sera?" I called out to her and she appeared from behind me. "How did you find my grandmother?"

"I didn't find her, she actually found me." She replied. "I got a call yesterday. A woman was asking me to wish you a happy birthday. So I told her she could do it herself today." Serafina answered and I nodded my head in understanding.