14 | Left in the dark

Massimo Revello

Her lips sure tasted sweet. Tasted the cake she had not so long ago. Yes, I was taken back but I was not complaining. Her eyes shot open and she practically ran out of the bathroom. I couldn't contain my laughter. Angelo checked on me to see if I was alright.

"What did you do?" He asked with raised eyebrows and without a doubt noticed how my lips were shades darker.

"Why do you always assume I did something wrong?" I could barely get the words out I wanted to say. My uncontrollable laughter was to blame.

"Clean yourself up." Angelo spook as he rolled his eyes and handed me his handkerchief. In order to make Sera less embarrassed I decided to not tell him what actually happened.

The night went by smoothly. Sera spend some more time with her uncle and we were on our way. The car ride was a bit awkward. Not on my end of course, Sera just made everything so awfully awkward.

She went straight to her room leaving me all alone with the guards and Angelo. I suppressed a smile when I thought back about what happened. If she wanted a kiss she should just asked for it. I would have given her one she couldn't forget.

"Serfina?" Aldus called for her yet the princess didn't answer.

"Did something happen?" He wondered confused.

"Ask your boss, I'm sure he will be more than happy to answer that question." Angelo commented and I let out a laugh.

"How about you ask her yourself." I told him as I loosen my tie and unbuttoned my shirt. Aldus glanced unsure at Corbin but both of them went up the stairs regardless.

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" Angelo wondered and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I understand what you see in her Massimo but this is not a wise choice." Angelo gave me his two cents even when I didn't ask for it.

I nodded my head in understanding. "I won't cross any boundaries Angelo. I'm not stupid." I informed him.

Which had made him laugh in amusement. "You're unpredictable Massimo. That's why I'm reminding you."

Love and building a relationship wasn't something I found necessary. My parents were all the proof I needed. Their relationship was a reminder of why love is temporary. It was a reminder why I was better off without it. It was a good reminder how something beautiful can end up in a tragedy.

My eyes were closed as I reminisced about the night. Her uncle sure was a hothead. Ready to grab his gun in a room filled with people. Eye witnesses everywhere yet not phased by it. Her family sure was interesting and they for sure had some screws very loose. She might be the only daughter, granddaughter in the family but it's not an excuse to be so protective. Pietro would have held that gun to my temple if it wasn't for Sera interfering. I knew that all too well but didn't want to admit it.

Laughter filled up the room and I know she was close. She could have been in my reach but I wasn't reaching out to her. Engaging in a conversation with the guards. Sharing a few stories about her and her uncle. The man seemed like any ordinary uncle in those stories. Yet she had no idea what kind of atrocities that man has committed.

"He used to dress up with me and attend my thee parties. I forced my mom to get me a tiara with his name on it so we could match." She explained exited which had brought a smile on my face.