23 | How foolish of me

Serafina Ricci

I truly didn't mean for anything like this to happen, but after being stuck with my own thoughts I decided to still go through with my plan. Massimo usually had trouble sleeping, yet for once he slept peacefully. This was the perfect change to run and go home.

Everyone left home so there was no need to be so careful. Snuck inside the Revello's family garage. There were multiple cars on display and I took the one that seemed the least flashy, something that would attract the least attention. A black tinted car that didn't seem too expensive.

My father had forced me to get my license despite never driving myself around. Telling me to just call my brother or our family driver to bring me places. Who knew it would come in handy after years. Took the keys that were hiding in a small box placed on the wall, and got inside the car. Before driving away I looked back at the house, letting out a sigh.

"I'm sorry Massimo." I whispered before I drove away. Not really knowing where I was even going. This neighbourhood had been so unfamiliar. Thankfully I passed by this restaurant my father brought me as a kid. Now I knew where I was.

The Ricci's family mansion was about 15 minutes away, and when it finally came into view I let out a deep breath. The joy of finally seeing my parents took over me completely. I just wanted to bury myself in my mother's arms. Without a second thought I parked the car on the side and ran to the gate separating the mansion from the outside world. There was a small bell that would link you directly with our butler. I pressed it yet after the beep it was silent.

"Euh hello? Tommaso?" I called out for the butler yet no answer. Instead the gate just opened and I let myself in.

Everything was the same. There was no sign of danger or anything so the alarm inside my head did not go off. I entered the house through the garden. There was a door that could lead you directly to the secret garden my father made just for my mother. That door brought me to the kitchen. Normally our cooks would be here preparing something for everyone to eat, and I'll be setting up the table. However it was completely empty.

The dining room was empty and so was the living room. I decided to go upstairs, maybe my father was in his office looking though documents. However he was no where in sight. The entire house was just empty, making me wonder where my family was. I don't remember them mentioning anything about staying somewhere else.

Just when I planned on stepping out of my father's office I could head footsteps approaching. Loud voices conversing yet it seemed unfamiliar.

"Who's car is parked in front of the gate?" A man asked, from his tone alone I could tell he wasn't happy.

"Why you asking me?" Another man responded.

I quickly looked around the office panicking. My father's office had a huge closet where he would store some of his suits. Instead of waking up my mother in the morning he would just change in here. I quickly hid inside the closet and held my breathe, trying to calm down.

"Why not ask Tommaso?" The man wondered. I tried to see who those men where by looking through the small gap. The men were very tall with full beards, broad shoulders. They looked very similar, the only difference was their hair. Even if I wanted to make a run for it I will most definitely get caught.

"That guy hasn't spoken a word since Rodrigo send us here. You think he will talk now." The man with wavy hair replied.

"Well someone came by and we have to know who it was. Besides you can't enter this place without Tommaso letting you in." The man with a buzz cut answered.