11 | Silly threats

Serafina Ricci

The darkness in his eyes has made me want to take some steps back. Yet I decided to stay put instead. When the blood seeped out if his wound I felt emotionless. Was it because I got used to violence or did I simple think he deserved it?

In all honesty I was disappointed in myself for justifying any type of violence however this man would have went out of his way and harmed someone else willingly without remorse so this didn't make me a bad person. It simply made me rational.

His screams were very loud. It felt as if there was an echo in this room. A voice filled with pain but there was still no guilt to be found anywhere. That alone had angered me but it seemed to anger Massimo even more.

"You think you can inside my club and do as you pleases? Preying in the someone weaker than you?" Massimo asked as he stepped on his wound, enjoying the pain he is inflicting on the man. "I will kill every single one of you." Massimo told him with a sinister smile on his face. He was indeed scary now that I had a better look at him. His wavy hair framed his face perfectly. His hands were covered in blood, I should have ran away. This was the perfect opportunity.

Both aldus and Corbin were busy. Massimo had his hands full. The door was in my reach. They will assume that I'm too afraid and went back to the dance floor, away from this graphic scene. Yet I knew better than to run from him.

When he was finished I looked back at the man tied to the chair. He was alive but completely covered in blood. Massimo held on to a pen as he turned around to face me. The bleeding man had said some names and the pen had a microphone in it. I wondered what he would do with that information,I wondered if I wanted to know.

"What?" He asked me as Angelo handed him some wet wipes to wipe his hand.

"What's the matter?" Massimo wondered as he approached me. His hand on my face, the same hand that had been stabbing a man not so long ago.

The way he switched from a scary man to a somewhat sane man was terrifying. His eyes softens when he looks at me. The sinister smile that once graced his face was replaced by a gentle one. I should have ran away, but the look on his face made me stay.

"You should have stayed on the dance floor." Massimo commented as he let go off me and walked away. I followed him to wherever he was going, not wanting to be in the same room with a soon-to-be corpse.

Massimo went to his office and sat in his chair. Placed his pen on the table and wrote all the names down the bleeding man downstairs had mentioned. I closed the door behind me and entered the room unsure. He opened his laptop and started typing. Probably searching for the name he had just wrote down on a piece of paper.

"How did you know the really reason we came to the club?" He wondered and stared at me. I felt uneasy and decided to sit in front of him.

My eyes roaming around the room. "I overheard Angelo speaking on the phone. I think he was talking to your older brother Marco." I answered with any smart remarks because this probably wasn't the time.

"Why do you decide to help? I thought you were against violence." He commented.

"Perhaps in some situations violence is required." I answered.

Massimo laughed out loud, clearly amused. He stood up and approached me and out of habit I flinched and closed my eyes. Something he did not appreciate, not one bit. I couldn't hear his footsteps anymore and slowly opened my eyes.