21 | Unpredictable actions

Serafina Ricci

There was an inner turmoil that was hard to deal with. Memories of yesterday came popping into my head in the most unpleasant ways. Worry slowly took a hold of me when the uncertainty of yesterday's events came rushing in. So many questions but no one was able to answer them.

The first solution I could possibly think off was finding my way back home. One way or another I had to confront my parents, but I was stuck with Massimo. Having a conversation with him could be so hard at times. Once he made up his mind there was nothing that could be done. No was no and he stuck with that answer. However I was craving for the truth. It was the only way my mind could be at ease.

"Serafina?"

I need to find a way to sneak out of the house. Take my phone from Massimo's office, and steal his keys he kept in his pockets.

"Serafina?"

This plan should work, I haven't snuck out of the house before but it shouldn't be that hard.

"Serafina!" Someone called for me and my eyes widened with surprise.

"I called you three times." Aldus said annoyed as he sat beside me on the couch.

I glanced at him and looked in front of me again. "Aldus?"

"Mmm?"

"What are you thinking about?" He wondered as he handed me the other half of the cookie he had been eating.

I took the other half of his cookie and started munching. My eyes closed as I let out a sigh.

"Is it really dangerous for me to return home?" I wondered despite already knowing the answer.

"They tried to kidnap you like a few days ago. I think you already know the answer to that question." He replied.

Massimo entered the room with Angelo. They seemed to be in a serious conversation. The frown on his face gave it away. Arthur suddenly entered the room as well with Sofia but they were bickering.

I was still deep in thought. Getting my answers can wait but I want it now. Curiosity is slowly eating away at my heart and I don't know how to handle it. I quickly stood up and left the room. Entered my new bedroom and let myself fall on my soft pillows.

This all started by accidentally looking into a room when I wasn't supposed to. Or did this nightmare begin when we attended the ball and a shooting broke out. Normally when I longed for home I would quickly forget about it by keeping myself busy. Yet this is a strange house, even the Revello family aren't relaxed here despite it being their family home.

I wonder why that is.

Do all the memories they made in this house haunt them? Is their father all they can think about when they let their eyes roam around? I really wanted to know the mystery behind all of this. From the three brothers not even one seemed to enjoy staying here. If they were so uneasy in this place why are we staying here?

Everything was so odd and off. Asking would be a waste of time because they won't answer me. I stood up and made my way to the window and looked across the street. Sofia's house came into view and I happened to catch a glimpse of her father. He truly seemed like an ordinary man. Compared to other people in this line of work he seemed to most friendliest. However looks are deceiving.