Chapter 3

My mind goes blank. His tongue aggressively slips into my mouth, without asking a permission, not that I object. I moan into his mouth, not caring that we're in the public library. I put my hands on his biceps, while he moves his to my ass ass and we pull each other closer. My fingers run through his neck and take a fisticuffs of his raven hair. He groans in pleasure.
When I finally snap back into reality, i freak out and push him away with all my strength.
"Not interested,huh?" he teases and licks his lips.
Anger fills my body. I take my phone from him and slap him. I slap him as hard as I possibly could, but he don't even flinch. I run out of the library and reach my car. I start to repeating the kiss over and over in my mind. Who does he think he is? Kissing me without asking for my permission ? "Not interested,huh?".
Diavolo.
My thoughts are distract by another phone call.
"AURORA, DOVE CAZZO SEI?," she shouts, "PERCHÉ HAI RISPOSTO AL TELEFONO?"(Where the fuck are you?) (Why didn't answer your phone ?)
"Calm down, Elena," I say, "my phone died. I forgot to charge it."
"Don't let that happen again," she says in a serious manner, "Now, you have 15 minutes to bring your ass here. We have a coke problem."
He touched my ass. Oddio, and I let him.
Embarrassing.
"Cazzo,again?" I say  annoyedly, "I'll be there in 10."
We always have a problem with drugs when it comes to transporting it overseas. The ferryman always makes so much trouble out of it. But there's nothing that money or a gun targeted at the man's head would not solve.
—— ———————————————————————— ————————
Mafiosos' meeting.
One of the biggest events for arrogant mafioso men. All 5 families that rule Sicily attend the meeting to discuss matters that caused tension between families. This time, the meeting was organized for Bruno's and Moretis. The problem is the territorial violation, which led to a multitude of deaths. As the Don, Elena also attends this meeting - even though she hates them. She mostly attend for Roberto Bruno. They are kind of sexual partners. Elena claims that no strings are attached, just sex. I think we all heard that story, so no need to explain that it's a pure lie.
I am a bit nervous. Not going to lie, it's because I know I will see the diavolo a.k.a Christian Daloi. I don't know why, but it makes  me kind of excited too. I guess, I just want to see his annoyed face. I haven't seen him since the "library incident". My heart skips a beat every time I repeat it in my head. The way he kissed me. Never a kiss made me feel that way, but his audacity to think that he can kiss me without my consent is making my blood boil. He was playing a game. Well, questo gioco può essere giocato da due. I want to knock him off his feet. (this game can be played by two).
I wore a black costume set. Long holiday pants, with blazer jacket and corset top. No jewelry. Only rings. I looked quite official. On the other hand Elena wore one of her short, black, latex dresses. She looks hot. As usual.
"So, how are you feeling?Are you excited?" Elena asks me.
"I don't think a bunch of egocentric men can make me excited" I said while driving the car.
"Well, one of those egocentric men surely is making you excited," she says mischievously.
"What do you mean?" I nervously chuckle.
Does she know about the kiss? What made her feel he is making me excited? Why did I even think of him?
"Oh, turn left from here," she exclaims and , thankfully, the topic changes.
The Espositos mansion is  right at the end of the road. It's huge and luxurious. It's a bit bigger than Rinaldis'.
I park Elena's car. After passing a lot of stairs we finally get in.All glances move to Elena. She is gorgeous, it's impossible not to look at her. However, there's this one look that's not on her. In fact, he's looking at me.
Christian.
We have an intense eye contact. I nearly bang my head on a wall, but I quickly dodge it. I'm on the edge of a breakdown, but I have to focus.
People enter to conference hall.
Each Don had it's own chair . Solider or guard that came with their Don stand around the hall. So do I. I stood right behind Elena. And, of course, luck is not on my side again. Christian's place was right in front of Elena's. He looks  at me with amusement. I ignore his expression and pretend to listen to the conversation between Roberto Bruno and Francesco Moretti. The latter is ready to start a war, because his son was killed. Angelo Esposito, as the main Don, is  trying to find a solution.
One of Esposito's soldiers stood beside me. He is a good looking man. Tall and masculine. He also has a dark stubble beard, which make him look even more masculine. I guess he is in his 30s.
"They will start a war anyway," he says, "I'm Leo by the way. And you are the famous Morana, aren't you?"
He lifts  his hand for a shake.
"Yes," I say and shake his hand. With my peripheral vision, I see Christian's face frowning when I take  the man hand , "You think so?"
"These two can't get along for over 10 years now."
"Haven't been in this world that much," is my answer, "However, their problems are not my concern unless they involve my family."
"This world is kind of dangerous for such a young and pretty thing as you are, don't you think?"
Here we go again.
I hate when my authority is questioned, especially because of my age or gender.
"I guess my body count speaks for itself," I reply with the same flirtatious energy. Now, Christian's gaze is burning me. I don't look at him.
"Your confidence is fascinating, Morana," he says  to which I reply  "In this world you are either confident or dead."
I'm not able to continue the conversation because Christians look got too intimidating.
The meeting's ending was confusing. Angelo convinced both sides not to start a war, but, as Leo said, the war would happen anyway.