Chapter 16

5:39 am
And I haven't blinked an eye.
No, I can't do this.
I somehow have to find a way to get Sofia out of this mess.
I get up and quickly put on some clothes. I look at Christian. He's peacefully asleep. I kiss his forehead and leave.
After 30 minutes I'm at the back of our base, hidden in bushes since there were soldiers around the base, waiting for a right moment to get into the building from my secret window. When I was younger I would secretly come here and enter through that window to watch Elena do her job, when she specifically told me to stay home.
I'm slowly, but surely moving further. Before going in i inactivate all security cameras. Thanks to Dante our analytic, who taught me a thing or two about hacking. Suddenly, most of the security walks into the building. I hope nothing bad is happening.
What if-No, Aurora, Sofia is fine.
One of the soldiers stayed. He take's his phone out and starts to play a game.
Asshole.
After mentally writing a note to remind myself to beat his ass and talk with Elena about taking everyone's phones when they are on duty, i quickly found my window and enter the building. I secretly reach our basement. I go down and find Sofia in the same chair, tied up and asleep.
"Sof"I whisper and shake her a bit to wake her up.
She opens her eyes.
"Aurora" she utters desperately.
I start to untie her.
"What are you doing?" She hisses.
"Getting you the fuck out of here" I respond "You are going to leave Italy"
She stands up and i grab her hand. With the same way I came in, we get out. Thankfully, the bastard is still on his phone. We successfully reach to my car.
"Here are my keys" I say as I hand them "Also there are some clothes and money, if anything else needed text me on my secret number, capito?"
She's just standing there with a key in her hand , gazing at me.
"Sofia get into the car" I command.
"If they find out you helped me to run, you are going considered a traitor too" she spoke.
"Don't worry about me" I put my hands on her shoulders "Just go"
She hugs me and I hug her back even tighter.
"I promise you, I'll find the real rat and you will be free to come back"
"I love you, Rory" she whispered.
"I love you too"
She sits into the car and drives away. I watch my car, until it disappears. Now, I feel relieved.
I go back to the building like nothing happened and as I turned the corner to hallways he's there.
I bump into him and gasp.
"Buongiorno" Nico says.
I narrow my eyes.
"And what exactly are you doing here?"
"I'm fine thank you for asking" he teases, which made me sigh in annoyance.
"I don't have time for yours stupid jokes Noah or Nico or whatever your name is"
"Well, since you wonder it's Nico"
"Non importa niente, answer my question" I rasp. (Don't care)
"I'm Delucas lawyer. Rings a bell?"
Merda.
The equipment transportation.
That's why all people went inside. I look at the clock 8:15.
"You're early"
"Indeed "He looks at me suspiciously "And what are you doing here this early?"
"None of your fucking concern" I say and turn around to leave.
"You know, i happened to be walking to Elenas office just few minutes ago"
I stop. My heart fell to my knees.
"And saw something really strange"
Cazzo.
He saw us.
I turn back to him.
"To the point, Nico"
"I saw you and your little friend, darling"
Oh no.
This is bad.
This is really bad.
"Don't call me that" I rudely answer, not knowing what else to do. He used to call me "darling" when we were together, "it reminds me of how much of a snake you are"
"Well, and might not be wrong" he says and takes his phone. He unlocks it and turns it to me.
Shit.
It's a picture of me and Sofia leaving. I try to take the phone, forgetting that he has good reflexes.
He laughs, which makes me angrier.
"Delete it" I hiss, once again trying to take the phone, and not succeeding.
"Woah, Or what?" He mocks me.
"Or I'll smash your brains out"
He chuckles evilly.
"How about a deal? I know you love deals"
I tilt my head to the side.
"I'll give you the phone and let you delete the picture,if you kiss me"
I laugh with my ringing laughter.
"Do what?" I can't stop laughing.
Amusement appears on Nicos face.
"Nah, I'm not gonna do that" I announce, "Why would you want me to do that?Go ask Pixie"
"Her name is Lexi, and I don't want her I want you to do that"
"In your dreams"
"Well, than you don't mind me showing this to Elena"
My smile drops.
"You won't" I hope he won't.
"Oh, I will" he directs his step to Elenas office , but I take his shoulder and bring him closer.
"Fuck you, Nico" I crush my lips onto his. He cups my face. He kisses me back and slides his tongue into my mouth. This reminds me a lot of my past and about us. But the thought isn't flattering. I shivered of disgust. I use the advantage and take the phone. After pushing him away, I turn around and delete the photo and suddenly something forces me to look up.
Christian.
He's standing there, looking at me. His face expressed indifference, but his eyes gave him away. The fire.
It was there.
I thought he would do something, but he just quickly walked away.
"You knew he was there, didn't you?" I turn back to Nico.
"Maybe" he takes the phone from my hands.
Slap.
I print my hand on his face.
"Stronzo" I say and run after Christian.
Elena catches me on the way.
"And I was about to call you" she says "Sofia ran away"
"What?" I fake my surprise as good as possible.
"Yeah let's go"
Oh.
The first time Elena haven't caught my lie.
We went to the basement. Some of the soldiers, Consigliere , Capo and Christian were already there, trying to figure out what happened.
"How the fuck it happened?" Elena shouts.
Nobody answers.
"Are y'all deaf?" She continues, " I would really like to put my question in more understandable way, but im sorry I don't speak in language of complete idiots"
"Elena, we are on it" Marc defensively answers.
"And know fucking nothing?Security cams? People?"
"No signora, cams were turned off" Marc says.
My thoughts go back to Nico.
Well, he did.
I look at Christian. He doesn't look back at me , so i decide to walk toward him.
"Hey" I awkwardly mumble as I approach.
He gazes and me with his death stare.
"Look,um, that was not what you thought it is"
Really, Aurora? The most cliché sentence in the world?
"You kissed your ex, didn't you?" He asks.
"Yes, but-"
"That's exactly what I thought" he calmly explains, as if he doesn't care. But his eyes.
Oh, those eyes.
They say everything, he is silent about.
"It wasn't like that" I say.
"And how it was?"
"He blackmailed me" I confess, which was not the smartest thing to do.
"Blackmailed you?" He asks in disbelief,"How the fuck he blackmailed you?"
I open my mouth to say something, but I can't even make a sound. He shouldn't know that I'm the one who helped Sofia to escape. Sofia is right about me being a traitor too now, and if Christian finds out he will never forgive me, nor Elena and actually anyone in this room.
"I'm surrounded by idiots" Elena exclaims, "I don't know how,but you have to fucking find her, or tell your heads a farewell, capito?"
Everyone nods.
"Morana,come with me" Elena says and starts walking to the exit.
I glance at Christian wanting to tell him things I'm afraid to admit to myself.
"Can't you fucking hear me?" Elena shouts form the door.
I quickly follow her.
When we exist the basement, she tried to stabilize her breathing.
"You don't have to do it with them" she says "I know how much she meant to you"
"Do you really believe it's her?"
"I really don't want to" she sighs "She was my friend too, remember?"
"Then why do you want to find her?"
"Because proofs are saying that it was her,so I can't just count on my beliefs about her"
"The proofs are fake and I know it!" I exclaims, "The real rat is still here"
"Well than find them"
I pause for second.
Finally.
She gives me a secret mission.
"Si,signora" I say with excitement.
"Oddio" she rubs her head "i need a drink, wanna join?"
The disturbing thought of the fact that only Christian has the fake proof in his laptop and the morning events make me answer positively.
"I wouldn't mind at all"