Chapter 8

Familiar masculine scents brushes over me as I wake up. The sheets are soft and warm, but I know they're not mine. Frightened, i open my eyes and not recognize the walls. I don't recognize anything. I jump up sharply, when the door opens.
Oh,my.
Christian enters the room...shirtless. Like I've had enough sexual fantasies with him, and now I saw him shirtless. I cover in goosebumps, but my face expressed suspense. He has a tray in his hands with a glass of water and a pack of headache tablets. I recognize the pack, because I see it too much, unfortunately. But why is he doing this? Is he really trying to help me? Is he trying to poison me?
What would I give to know what's going on in devils mind.
"I figured you'll have a headache," he says and puts the tray on the bedside table. I narrow my eyes.
Yes, bambino, you're hot, but that doesn't make you trustworthy.
"I'm not trying to poison you don't worry" he says, but I still don't trust him fully "if I wanted to kill you, I would've done it by now, believe me"
Fair point, Daloi.
"Where am I?" I ask sharply, putting the tablet into my mouth and drinking the water.
"You're welcome," he says with a smirk, "My house."
"Why am I here?" I ask , trying to get up but a sharp pain hit me. I hiss.
"Hey, slow down, tesoro," he says and helps me to sit on the bed.
"Why.Am I.Here?" I repeat.
"You got shot," he says,
Was I?
"I brought you here so you won't die. Called a doctor. Turns out you are hemophiliac." he explains.
"No shit" I whisper.
"You lost a lot of blood"
"Well, that's what hemophiliacs do when they get shot" I snap at him. He doesn't appreciate my tone judging by his face but he doesn't say anything.
I close my eyes for second. My memory came back to me.
Yes, I remembered going home and the Spanish people and then him. What the fuck was he doing there?
"Did you follow me?"
He doesn't not reply. Just gulps, like he has been threatened. Like I hit a nerve, which I surely did.
"I thought you don't care," I say , deep down hoping he would prove me otherwise.
"I don't. It's a quid pro quo." (Favor for favor)
Ouch.
Another memory flash.
"Andre Salvador," I pronounce.
"I dealt with him," he says, "He's with Elena."
Oh shit, Elena.
"Does she know that I'm here?"
He nods.
I sigh in relief and look down. I realize that I'm just wearing a shirt. Which is not mine and is oversized. I look at him. He giggles, while I flush from embarrassment and roll a blanket , but also mesmerized by his reaction.
He laughs. What a beautiful sound.
"Your clothes were dirty. I changed them." He clarifies.
"You did?" I ask a little high-pitched. My face reddens even more.
He nods.
"By the way, the doctor said I need to change the bandage on your wound, when you wake up," he says. He moves toward me, and I curl my feet as close to me as possible. My eyes widened.
"Don't look at me like that. Lay down. There ain't nothing I hadn't seen." I tilt my head.
I want to roll my eyes, but this isn't the right position for me. He leans down. Since the shirt covered my thighs he raises it just enough so he could see the wound.
I shiver as his fingers touch my skin. He feels it. He knows the power he has and smiles. He takes  out the aid and does whatever was needed, while I was obsessively look at him. It's like im trying to record this moment for the future.
His eyes catch something else on my body. My cuts, which were not caused by yesterdays events. He runs his finger through them and  I grab his hand.
"I think that is not the wound."
"I'm aware" he growls. He removes his hand from mine.
"What is this?" he asks considerably.
Is devil worried?
"It's nothing." I try to reassure him. Yeah, didnt work.
"It doesn't look like nothing," he says "Tell me."
"It's just my past, alright?" I answer irritated , "I wasn't happy with my life. I figured it's better to die."
When I ran away from my house, I tried to find a way to live, but, believe me, for a 14 year old it's kind of tough out there. In a cruel world. I tried to end my life. Was I strong enough to take my own life?Apparently, no. But the scars always reminded me about the hardships I faced.
He puts his hand back on my hip and observes my cuts. He frowns.
"My body is not as beautiful as you thought, huh?" I chuckle.
He looks at me angrily. After tilting his head ,suddenly he smiles and lowers his face to my hip. He looks up at me. I am completely paralyzed.
"Your scars made you even more beautiful," he kisses my cuts. I inhale sharply.
What is he doing?
What is he doing to me?
"Christian,"a gasp escaped my mouth.
He looks at me with amusement. He wants to figure out, if I want him to stop.
Please don't stop.
Seeing no sign of protest, he continues . He moves from my hip to my thigh and to my inner thigh. His kisses burnt. Like the diavolos kisses would. Something starts to vibrate between my legs. I breathe heavily, like there was no oxygen in the room.
I wanted him. So bad.
"Why won't you let me in?" he whispers.
His breath burns my skin. I let out a quiet moan. What does he mean?
"Let me in, Aurora," he says.
Suddenly we hear the noise of the door opening.
"Anyone home?" a female voice exclaims.
"Cazzo," Christian moves away.
"Who's that?" I ask.
"Mia madre," he says , "Stay here." (my mother)
Stay here?
No way. I wanted to see the one who gave birth to the devil.
I open his wardrobe to put on something presentable. My eyes widen as I open the most organized place in this entire world. It looks like a I side of the Prada shop.
No shit. The devil wears Prada.
There are many section for different kinds of accessories like sunglasses or watches. Also he has a huge collection of similar suits. I open one of his closets and find sportswear delined by colors. I feel kind of embarrassed, when I remember my closet. I just shove everything inside and when I try to find something I pray that my own clothes won't strangle me.
I grab a pair of his grey sweatpants and wore them. I get out of his wardrobe ans slightly open the door of his room.
His mom hugs him and he hugs her back.
"I missed you, Caro mio," she says with the most loving smile a mother can give. (my dear)
"I missed you too, madre," he says and kisses her cheek. They way a man treats his mother is a pretty good indication of he will treat you.
Well, let see.
His mom is a beautiful middle-aged woman. She's plumpy, but it made her look kind. Too kind. Which makes me wonder how did she end up in this world? She has big brown eyes and a small nose. I see where Christian got his beauty from. Only her hair are brown, while Christian hair are raven.
The scene of Christian greeting her mother was so fascinating, that I don't even realize that I've been spotted.
"Who's that?" Christians mom asks softly. For a second, I hesitate whether should or should I not get out of the room.
"Oh, come here, cara" she says " I promise I don't bite"
I get out of the room. Christian looks up and down at me ,realizing   that I'm wearing his clothes. He slightly smiled in approval.
Pft. Like I seek for one.
"Ah, you are Morana, aren't you?"
Well, kind of weird. She knows who I am.
"Ciao, signora Daloi," I say politely.
"Oh, tesoro, call me Camila," she says  and hugs me tightly.
This is getting more weird.
I look at Christian, eyes widen .
He mouths  "that's alright". And the nickname?
Not only the beauty, I guess then.
Now I see where Christian takes nickname ideals from.
"Well, then call me Aurora or however you wish I got used to it." I glance at Christian. He looks down and smiles.
"Nice name! She's gorgeous, Christian," she said and looks at him, "I brought something for the kitchen. My boy is working too much and can't manage to cook for himself"
Christian smiles drop, when his mom pinches his cheek.
"Would you help me with the bags?" she asks us and puts the bags on the floor.
"Of course we will," I say.
She goes  right to the kitchen.
I laugh at Christian's expression.
"I'm sorry, she's-"
"She's very sweet," I cut him off.
"She's just not used to seeing girls with me."
"How come?" I ask in absolutely disbelief. 
He shrugs his shoulders and just looks at me.
"My clothes look better on you, piccola," he takes all the bags not letting me to take any.
My heart skipped a beat.
Piccola.
The nickname is back.
Never thought I would be happy to hear it again. What's going on with me?
We both help Camila, which was quite weird for me. Never thought he could be so gentle.
"Are y'all hungry? I'll make you something ," she asks.
"Madre, please," he says annoyed.
"No, no, don't worry," she says.
I chuckle.
"So, Aurora, dear, tell me about yourself," she said while preparing to cook something.
Tell you about myself .
Well, where to start?
"It's 11 in the morning, madre, she just woke up," Christian saves me.
I really hate talking about myself. Nothing good to tell.
She narrows her eyes and smiles.
"How long have you been together?" she asks.
Christian choked on his own saliva. I couldn't help but smile at his reaction.
"Oh, no, w-we are not together," I clarify.
"That can't be true," she cries and I negatively shook my head, "I guess you should then."
"Madre!" Christian claims annoyingly, but gently.
She starts to rub her head and makes an unpleasant face.
She fakes it.
I knew when women fakes something.
"Madre, are you alright?" Christian takes her by her hand. I have never seen him like this.
Even devils can be gentle.
"It's nothing, but could you please bring my tablets?" she says "They're in my bag"
He nods and sprints out of the kitchen.
Her face comes back to normal and she comes closer to me.
"Now we're alone. So did he order you to say that, or are you two are not really together?" she asks.
I knew she faked it!
"No, we are truly not together," I reply .
Even thought I wouldn't mind.
I wouldn't mind?
"Well, it's time to make a move, bambina, he's really into you," she says, "He never brought a girl to his place. That means you're special."
I laugh.
"No, I'm serious. Since his father died, he has become very isolated and aggressive, but he met you, I've never seen him so calm."
"He talks about me?"
"Well, never directly, but he always mentions a girl he texts, a girl he needs to pick up, who makes him go wild , and since you're here, I figured it was you."
I understand what she means.
"Camila, in case you thought, nothing happened between us." Which is partly true.
But something was going to happen, wasn't it?
An annoying voice says in my head.
Shut up!
She narrows her eyes in disbelief.
"However, you brought his peace back. Also, his gaze gives him out, and yours, tesoro, by the way."
Do I really affect him that much?
Well, maybe I did, but as he says he doesn't care now. I have to deny this.
"Don't try to prove me otherwise," she says, "Nothing escapes my eye."
"Here it is, madre," Christian came into the room. "I couldn't find the tablets, I brought the bag"
Grazie a Dio (Thank God).
Camila's phone rings. She excuses us and walks out. I'm thinking about what Camila said.
"You are special".
"You brought his peace back".
I smile at that thoughts.
"What are you thinking about?" Christian asks when he saw it.
"You talk about me with your madre?" I asks cunningly.
He smiles and pokes his cheek with a tongue, tilting his head a bit.
Hot.
He walks near me and presses me to the kitchen counter, putting his hand on both sides of me. Blocking me from going anywhere. Not that I intent to. I suck both my lips between my teeth and looked up to escape his intense gaze.
"Look at me," he orders and I do. He looks right into my eyes. He pulls my lower lip out of my mouth with his tumb and runs it through it. My heart beats so loud that you could've heard my heartbeats. I feel like the earth escapes down from my feet. I close my eyes when his hand moves to my cheek. I breath his intoxicating scent in and absorbed the heat of his warm body. His lips are so close to mine.
Just one move and I might be screwed for lifetime.
As we hear footsteps approaching us, Christian moves away. Now, I'm finally able to Inhale.
"Alright, piccioncini, let's continue ," Camila says.(love birds)
She didn't just call us that.
The rest of the time Camila was teaching me how to cook risotto. It happens to be Christians favorite dish. She even wrote down the recipe, which I wouldn't use, because, well, I'm wouldn't call myself a good cook.
"Now that my work is done here, I'm afraid I have to go" she says and takes her jacket.
"Ciao, madre," Christian says and helps her to wear it, rushing her.
"We'll escort you to the exit," I say and look at him not believing his rudeness.
"Would be sweet of you," Camila says.
She hugs me in front of the door and whispers "Make a move". I just smile as a reply. Then she hugs Christian. She whispers to him, thinking I wouldn't hear, but I did "She's brings the best in you , Christian, don't lose her".
We share goodbyes and close the door. When I turn around, I feel his lips on mine. He cups my face gently and pressed me to the wall. He hugs my thighs and picks me up.
That's it.
I'm not able to resist him, anymore . Not that I want to. When I parted my lips for a second to inhale oxygen, he takes advantage and puts his tongue in my mouth.