Chapter 9

He kisses me passionately. Like I'm the last woman on the Earth. His arms snake around my waist ,so I'm presses between his body and the wall. He moves his hands to my hips, my back then again to my waist. He touches wherever he possibly could. I feel him all over me. My nipples harden so much, that it was painful. I run my palms on his chest, shoulders, grab his hair into my fist.
"I wanted to do this the entire morning," he says through kisses , "Actually, I wanted to do this since the library."
A smiles spread on my face.
"I did follow you," he says, answering my question that I asked earlier , "I wanted to make sure that you'll get home safely. But you can't seem to be without adventures." He smiles. A genuine smile.
"Why did you follow me, Christian?" I ask, smiling back.
"Because I'm not indifferent ," he whispers.
He cares. He fucking cares.
"So do I" I say back without hesitation.
My heart is beating so fast that I thought it would explode. Inattentively, he put his hand on my wounded hip and I hiss.
"Fuck," he breaths and looks away, "I couldn't protect you."
"No, Christian," I cry, "Look at me."
He doesn't . I cup his face with one hand and force our eyes to meet.
"It's not your fault," I smile , "As you said, I like adventures."
His eyes looks up and pretends to think about something. He smirks.
"I realized that I don't like you agreeing with me," he teases. "You're so much hotter, when you bicker with me"
" Stai zitto," I whisper and pull him into the kiss. (shut up)
He carefully carries me to the room I slept in. Like I'm fragile. He puts me on the bed. The kissing doesn't stop, even for a second. He takes my head with his hand, tilts it to the right, placing his lips on my neck. I'm not the submissive type of person, but at that moment, his dominance exceeds mine. He starts to lower his hand, and when he reaches the end of the T-shirt, he places his hand under it. As his warm palm touches my bare body a quiet moan escapes my lips.
The moment breaks ,when my phone ring. But he doesn't let me go. I want to take it. He tries to interfere with me in every possible way. When I finally reach the phone, I look at the caller ID.
Cazzo.
Elena.
"Don't take it," he pants.
"I can't, it's Elena," I say. Honestly, it sounds more like a moan. I'm about to answer the call, when Christian takes my phone and lifts his hand up so I couldn't reach it.
"Christian, she's going to kill me," I say through a laugh. He doesn't listen and just continues to kiss me.
I kiss his neck and his body relaxes, I take the advantage and take the phone. I lay back down. He stopped his actions, but his body is still over mine.
"Si?" I say when I take the call.
"Aurora, miele, how are you?" Elena asks. She sounds worried.
"I'm fine Elena," I reassure.
"I was so worried when Christian told me you were shot," she says, "You are at his place?"
I pause for a second to figure out what to say.
"Si," I don't lie.
"So?" I could feel her smirking through the phone, "Was he a gentleman?"
I look at Christian, who's above me, grinning like an idiot.
"Nothing happened, Elena, if that is what you are asking."
The words sound like a challenge to Christian. He raises his brows and his eyes lit up with a familiar fire.
Dio, I'm done.
He buries his head in my neck. Light gasp escape me. "Stop" I whisper, but he just ignores me. He starts to lower. Kissing my entire body through the shirt.
"Really?" Elena asks, "You two have been in the same place and nothing happened? Me and Sofia had a bet. She said you will kill each other."
"And what did you say?" I ask, hoping it didn't sound like a moan. Christian came up to my neck again.
"That you would fuck," she says.
I instantly denied.
"What?" I exclaim, "Not gonna happen."
Christian lightly bit my neck on those words. I suppose it's kind of a punishment. I sharply inhale, but not because it hurt, but because it felt so good.
"Aurora? Are you alright?" Elena asks.
"Yeah, yeah," I say.
"Anyway," Elena continues, "You don't have to come today."
"No, no, it's fine," I say and suddenly Christian gazes at me with anger, "I will come."
"Alright, see you, Miele," she drops the call.
I look at Christian. His face expresses disapproval.
"No," he says.
What?
"You are not going anywhere," he clarifies.
"I am," I claim. I want to get up, but he takes me by my throat. It doesn't hurt, it kinda turns me on.
Something is definitely wrong with me.
"No," he demands.
"Why?"
"You were shot, Aurora."
"I'm fine, Christian," I reply, "It's just a scratch."
"My answer is still no," he says.
"Why?"
"Because I said so."
I don't answer. He's right though , I should stay at home, but I don't like him ordering me. I turn my gaze away, when he moves his hand from my throat. Instead, he takes my cheek and forces our eyes to meet again.
"You need to rest, tesoro," he says with his deep voice, "The wound is fresh and I don't want you to bleed again. Stay."
This time it doesn't sound like an order but more like a request.
"Please," he adds.
Ugh. Why do I love when men beg?
Sometimes I feel, I would do anything for him if he just said "please".
"Okay," I whisper.
He smiles and kisses my forehead.
"Are you going?" I asks.
"If you want me to stay, I'll stay," he says.
"No," I reply , "You should go. Elena might need your help."
"I think that woman doesn't need help from anyone."
True.
I giggle.
"So will you go?" I ask.
"I won't, if you want me to stay," he repeats his state.
"I'm sure you have jobs to do."
"Only one."
"What is it?"
"Salvadors got some new weapon equipment, remember? I'm going to make a deal with a weapon magnate De Luca ."
De Luca is one of the most powerful weapon seller in Italy. His goods are used not only by Cosa Nostra, but also Ndrangheta in Napoli and even Bratva in Russia.
"You should go then," I say.
He kisses my forehead and then dresses up. Before he leaves the house he says: "Luca is going to be here soon, if you need anything."
"Who is Luca?" I ask.
"My consigliere," he replies.
"Wait, don't you need him during the deal?"
"Believe me, piccola, I can handle deals. And also, he is the only man I can trust with you."
I narrows my eyes.
"You know, Daloi men are not always very gentleman-type."
"I got it myself," I joke and fix his tie.
Why am I doing this?
It's the little things, I guess.
He's a little surprised but he doesn't stop me. Luca comes in and Christian introduces us. Turns out Luca is his zio. He's a very good looking, 50 year old man. I guess it's a family trait. Then we exchange goodbyes and he leaves.
"It's an honor to finally meet you, Morana," he says.
"I can tell the same," I reply. I don't know why but I want to make a good impression.
"So, you are the girl that drove my boy out of his mind?" he teases , "How long have you been together?"
Oddio, does he talk about me with everyone he meets?
"Um,we are...not exactly...um, let's say it's complicated," I mutter.
"This generation complicates everything," he says , "In the past, if we fell in love we just married."
Fell in love, huh?
"What if the girl doesn't agree?"
"Well, nobody asked," he says, "Eventually, they fell in love."
Ah, yes, this is how mafia world works.
No respect to women.(Elena is exception)
"Don't you think that's kind of stockholm-ish?" I ask and giggle..
"It's still love, mia cara," he says.
These family loves nicknaming.
"Did you kidnap your wife?" I ask.
"Si, but actually we loved each other. She was scared of my lifestyle and she was scared to share her life with me. One day, she stayed at my place and has not left until now," he says and smiles.
Will Christian do the same?
"Do you play cards?" he randomly asks.
"Very poorly," I answer, "I was never taught because she was scared I might get too excited."
"Elena Rinaldi was scared to get excited?" he asks, which was kind of a surprise to me because I didn't say anything about her, "She is really good at cards, especially in poker."
This is something new to me. I didn't know Elena was fond of cards.
"Come on, I'll teach you a few things," he says.
I spent an entire day learning a few card games. Luca says that I am a fast learner. Then we watch a movie. I can't remember which one but I remember it got very late and we fell asleep.
I feel someone's carrying me in bridal-style. I wake up but too lazy to open my eyes. The person puts me on the bed and covers me with a blanket. I find a strength to open my eyes and they catch Christian's. It's dark but I still get to see every color it had in it. I used to pay no attention, but they had this beautiful brown shade.
"Falling in love, piccola?" he teases, when he catches me staring.
"Desideri," I chuckle. (you wish)
"Lola faccio già," he smiles. (I already do)
Already do what? Fall in love? Wishing I fall in love with?
Honestly, I don't want know.
"How did the deal go?" I ask, quickly changing the subject.
"Well, he wanted more than I thought but we came to an agreement," he says and took his suit jacket off.
Fuck. Is he really going to change his clothes here?
"So, what do we have now?" I ask, trying to ignore him unbuttoning his shirt. He does it slowly. Seemingly, on purpose.
He answers but I stop hearing anything right when his bare torso showed itself with all its glory. I tuck my bottom lip. He takes his pants off. And all I do  Is try not to look at a certain area. But my eyes keep glancing from his eyes to his torso and to there.
He leans closer and takes my chin. He untucks my lip.
"Keep ogling me and I wouldn't be able to control myself"
I gulp.
"So what did I just say, piccola?" he teases.
My cheeks blush.
"I'm not sure," I say. I feel kind of embarrassed but it brushes off ,as he kisses me. We part. I notice that he has no intentions to go.
"You are going to stay?"
"Do you mind?" he asks.
I shake my head. He lays next to me and whispers "Buonanotte,tesoro". He kisses my forehead and he takes the phone.
"Are you not gonna sleep?" I ask.
"I don't sleep," he answers without looking at me. I leane on the headboard. He understand that I want to know why.
"It's just the lifestyle, tesoro," he says, still glancing at his phone, "Things happen so fast that you don't even have time to process it."
I shake my head positively. I feel him. I know what he means, he doesn't have to tell me much. I lean on his chest and hug his torso.
"I can't sleep on the days when I kill," I confess.
Maybe it'll help him a little.
He puts his phone to his side and places one hand on my back and the second one starts to play with my hair strands.
Here's the truth about mafia life: you never really have a choice sometimes. You kill, cause wars, have affairs with bad people. You need to be inhumanly cold to deal with it all, or you might lose your sanity. Yes we are bad people, but we have emotions too. Even when it's doesn't appear that way to the world. Some of us have sleep deprivation or other mental health issues. Some of us are forced to mature. We loose many relatives and friends. We all sometimes wish it was different. We all wish it was normal .