Chapter 22

A warm blanket is rolled over my entire body.  Bed sheets are soft and fluffy and their scent melts my heart. It smells like us. It's Our exclusive scent. I wish I can bottle it up and open whenever we'll be at distance from each other. I don't  want to wake up. I reach my hand to other side of the bed.  I open my eyes and don't find Christian next to me. But his warm haven't left yet. I look at his pillow and start to caress  it. A huge wave of memories pops into my mind.
I'll wait.
For you to be ready to admit it.
You completely disarm me.
Oh Christian, it's you who disarm me. A smile spread on my face, while other memories come to the front part of my mind.
I shall possess you. I shall burn you. I shall be as pleasurable.
My heart starts to beat unevenly. The flashbacks get distracted by the buzz of a phone. It's his phone. It buzzes again. A sudden curiosity fills me.
No. It's his phone, his privacy.
It buzzes again. I look at his nightstand. It's  too tempting.
"Merda" I take the phone. I don't think he would mind me going through his phone.
Shit, password.
I cautiously typed "Aurora" with numbers.
Yep, that's  the password.
I open messages and my eyes widen.
Alejandro Salvador.
I rub my eyes, hoping that my mind is playing tricks.
Alejandro Salvador.
I want to scream, but I'm paralyzed.
Are These the Dossiers that you told me about?
This was quick
"Good job, Daloi.
I read the last three messages.
I can't  believe this.
This is can't be happening.
He's the rat.
I read the message form above too, until I can't do it anymore.
I lie down, closing my face with my palms, trying to collect my thoughts. I, suddenly, try to hyperventilate. I feel likes the room is getting smaller and there's not enough oxygen to breath. My ears start to ring, my vision blurs and everything goes black. I sit up and hug my legs,digging my nails into them.
Christian is the rat. Traitor.
And I'm in love with him.
Suddenly, I hear noises from the kitchen and I snap back to my reality.
What's wrong with me?
I just found out who is the rat and instead of confronting him, here I am having a panic attack? No. It's time for him to face the consequences.
I get up and compose myself . I search for any kind of weapon. I look under the bed.
Jackpot. Handgun.
I take it without hesitation. I take the phone and walk out to the kitchen. I hid the gun behind my back. I watch him trying to cook something, running my eyes through the scratches  I left on his back, before coughing.
"Ciao,sole" he turns to me " I tried to fix some spaghetti for breakfast, but my cooking skills aren't good"
He comes toward me and leans to kiss me. I pull away. He makes a confused grimace.
"Well, but your acting skills are pretty impressive" I snap.
I bet he stops breathing for second.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
I threw the phone on the kitchen counter, hearing it crack on the hard material.
"Care to explain why are you texting with Alejandro Salvador, while our families our hunting his ass?" I snarl.
He glances at his phone. Confusion turns into amusement and he smiles. He fucking smiles.
"Bravo, sole, you did it" he claps his hands twice leaning on the counter "Later than I thought you would"
He starts to laugh. I tilted my head and widen my eyes.
He find this funny.
I raise my gun at him.
"Whoa,calm down, piccola" he says with amusing tone and raises his hands in defense.
"Shut up". I shout.
I need a moment of silence, to calm myself down and not to kill him. I need him alive, for now. I take few deep breaths.
"Piccola, even if i fucked you, you should watch your tongue" I could hear annoyance in his voice.
Shut.the fuck.UP.
I point the gun on the drawer and shoot to shut him up. He doesn't even flinch, but I succeeded in shutting him up. I breath heavily once more.
"Now" I growled, pointing the gun back at him, "Talk"
"Ask away" he folds  his arms.
"For how long?"
"This entire time" he says .
He was lying to me this entire time.
My mouth arches into a wicked smile.
"And how it feels to work for someone who killed your father?" I narrows my eyes.
"My father was a dumb fuck" he raises his tone.
What?
My smile drops. I can't believe my ears.
"Salvador offered him a good deal with good money" he continues " He declined it, which was stupid of him and got killed. He got his punishment." He says it casually. As if nothing was twisted about it, "Plus, I killed so many Salvador people that I think we are suites"
Suites?
I purse  my lips.
"Sofia" I utter.
"Ah" he smiles again " Smart bitch"
She saw just through you, when I was blind.
"She realized that something was off with you from the start" I voice my thoughts.
"Yeah, and I needed her gone" he sounds a little annoyed now "But you ruined my plans,yes, I know that it was you who helped her to run"
I gulp.
I start to pray that this is a nightmare and i will wake up at any moment. I look up, clenching my jaw and tears forming  in my eyes.
"And me?" I look back at him.
"You?" he grins devilishly, "what about you?"
He takes few steps towards me. I take back the same amount of steps.
"Us" I explain, "what was it?"
"First" he start, coming closer, "There's no "us", and never was"
He walks to me until I'm pressed to the wall.
"And second" he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear,  "You were just a nice bonus"
"No" I  mumbled without acknowledging.
"Sfortunatamente, sì" he whispers.
I shake my head.
A nice bonus.
The words goes through my heart. During short period of time in mafia I had a lot of injuries, but none of them hurt quite as much. It hurts so bad , I can feel it physically. In every bit of body.
"You tricked me" I whisper with my trembling voice.
"Pretty much"
"But,why?" I sigh. A tear drops from my eyes. No matter how much I try to stay strong, I can't fight the pain.
"Why" he repeats sardonically.
He comes even closer. I wish I could bury in the wall. Suddenly, he raises his hand to take my arm.
I quickly hit his hand and point back at him.
"Easy, sole, I'm not going to do anything" he takes my arm and forces me to put the gun against his chest.
"Load the gun" he orders. I do.
"What are you doing?" I ask sobbing.
"Shh" he looks at me amused "Pull the trigger, sole"
What? My lips part in shock and my eyes widen.
"Pull the trigger" he repeats.
I caress the trigger with my index finger.
"I leaked all the info, used you, nearly killed your friend" he rasps, "Just one move, and all your problems are solved"
He is right. He is the rat. He deserves this. No one ever deserved to die more then he does. But my body paralyzes. My hands start to tremble.
No air in my lungs.
No heart beat.
My muscles ease and I unloaded the gun, lowering my hands. Throwing my head back, trying to find air to breathe in.
I can't do it. I can never hurt him.
I hate him.
I love him.
"Do you see it now?" he asks.
I looked at him, seeking answer in his eyes.
"The most efficient and dangerous assassin in the entire country now is under my control" he explains and I wish I could complains ,"Full control."
I take a deep breath.
"Maybe I can't kill you" I start, "But one phone call may"
He tilts his head.
"You have one minute to leave the house" I utter through clenched teeth.
"See you soon, Morana" he steps back, wanting to leave.
"Fuck you" I whisper.
He glances at me for the last time and walks out of the kitchen.
A minute or two pass. There is only silence.
He left.
I slide down the wall, close my face with palms and finally let my tears to burn my cheeks. My head repeats our every second we spent together.
Over and over.
I can't believe this. I can't believe that even after this, I'm not able to hurt him. I'm not able to pull the fucking trigger and let the bullet run through his heart, like his words did to mine. But this is not over yet. He will get what he deserves.
A nice bonus.
I'll show him how nice bonus am I.
———————————————————————————
I have no time to spare.
I go  to our base and call an emergency meeting.
"Aurora, what happened?" Elena asks walking into the conference hall.
I look at her with just-wait glance. Everyone takes their places. I inhaled some air before speaking. I calm myself a little. I can't show how much it effects me to say the sentence.
"Don Dalois is the rat"
———————————————————————————
hi friends <3
Please don't hate me for this chapter, because I already do hate myself for it.
Everything happens for a reason...

your humble author ;)