lxxix. | back to the defaults

♔␈♔

♔␈♔

THE PORTAL STAYED open after Falo walked through it. She wasn't ready to see where they had been taken to for it could mean danger and surviving even longer than what was promised by Bill Cadogan. He didn't get the Flame, so that meant he could have them killed whenever and wherever he wanted. All because of Gabriel.

Falo opened her eyes. She was stunned. She looked around the room, the room that was a huge mess from what they did to rescue Wonkru. This was the bunker that all the clans shared when Praimfaya hit and Octavia had no choice but to lead because Falo had been stuck on the other side of that door when it hit Polis itself.

The Trikru commander bent down and touched the floor. Blood still stained these grounds from what Octavia pushed on them to survive. Falo looked over to Madi, she knew her daughter had rather unpleasant memories here when she was trying to get Falo to come back to lead Wonkru for it had been a carnage down there, and when Octavia found out she had nightblood and when Octavia found out Falo was still alive.

Suddenly, the portal shut, severing any crosses anyone else would make. Falo turned around to see Clarke on the floor, sobbing. "Clarke!" Madi yelled. Falo was sitting next to her in a split second, grabbing her hand. "What happened?" Madi asked.

Clarke dodged her question by asking another question. "Where are we?" she asked. Falo furrowed her eyebrows. Whatever happened before she crossed into the portal, Clarke was definitely uncomfortable saying it.

Indra formed a firm line across her face. "The Second Dawn bunker."

"Otherwise known as hell." Jackson added, his voice cold.

Clarke gasped. "Earth?"

Falo tangled her fingers in Clarke's hair, eyes twinkling. "Yes."

"How?"

"This place is perfect for you," Bill spoke up from the silence he kept until now. "Nano-tracking program," he shoved a green device into his mouth. Falo stood up, swallowing thickly. "What is it you say? May we meet again."

Clarke aimed her gun at him, but she was too late to pull the trigger, he vanished as a white dust of light closed around him.

"That bastard!" Falo snapped angrily. "Where did he go?"

Only time would soon tell.

"Welcome home, mother." a voice softly spoke.

The group instinctively moved around with their weapons pointed at the figure standing behind them. A flame danced on a torch, causing Falo to fixate her eyes on the approacher.