Chapter 12- I'm human.

"I'm great, just so you know." I felt like throwing up, the anxiety was killing me.
"Amelia, where the fuck are you?" Axel said through the phone, I knew him too well to know that he was so furious and worried that he was about to explode.
"It's actually a funny story." I laughed nervously. "So, Michaello kindly walked me to his room which is three floors down, and he explained with very kind words that he has never intended to hurt me or Dylan. Implying it was his life-giver who created the mess we're currently into." Well, that turned out better than I thought.
"That's some bullshit."
"No, it's the truth."
"Open the door."
"Wait, what door?"
"Open the fucking door." I walked to the door and saw how Michaello panicked, I would too.

I couldn't believe it, but as I opened the door, Axel was there. How did he find me so quickly?

He pushed through me getting inside the room without an invitation. Michaello froze, it was the first time I saw him in complete vulnerability. Of course, no one had his back anymore, he was a nobody.

As much as I wanted to break all his bones for what he had just done to me... he wasn't the bad guy, he was just a man abandoned and betrayed by his so-called father.

Axel nearly ran to get a hold of Michaello, but I squeezed through and managed to get in between the both of them. I couldn't believe it, I was really protecting Michaello, what a joke.

"Move," Axel said, and I almost obeyed, almost.
"He hasn't done anything, it was his father. He's here to ask for my help, for our help." I was pretending to be strong, I was pretending that the intensity of his darkened eyes, clenched jaw, and visible veins weren't affecting my capacity to stand and think straight.

He stepped closer to me but I couldn't move back because I'd bump into Michaello's chest.

"Angel, take Amelia upstairs." He spoke, with his eyes still on me.

I glared at Angel and smacked his hand when he tried to take a hold of my arm.
"I'm not going anywhere."
"I swear if you don't fucking move-"
"What? What will happen? I have the same rights as you to be in this room. You promised you wouldn't do anything stupid, I can't let you hurt him... just, please, for once listen to what he has to say. He's not our enemy." That's what he convinced me of, but was he really telling the truth?

I wasn't going to move nor were they going to move me. Pregnancy made me seem too fragile, I could possibly get hurt if they tried to push me away. That's what they think, of course, the reality was other.

Axel backed away from me and my body felt instant relief. He leaned on the closest furniture and signaled us to talk, to explain ourselves.

It felt as if I'd gone back in time. When my brother and I got in trouble and our father scolded us. One of the few times when I felt like part of a family and not a business scheme.

Michaello spoke, the same stuff he told me but Axel still had the same expression, an infinite frown and flared nostrils.

"You'll stay here until I decide what to do. Let's go, Amelia." That was his only answer. Of course, I followed him this time.
"If he sets even one toe out of this room, I'll make sure to make your life as miserable as it can be." I heard him say to one of the men in black. This wasn't Axel, he doesn't go around and threaten his employees, that was my job. What the hell happened to him?

"Amelia! Oh my God, are you okay?" Clara came running towards me.
"I'm great, thank you." I evaded her embrace and told her and Carmen I'll talk to them later. I wanted to be alone but I know Axel won't let that happen.

I walked to our room and of course, he followed. As soon as he closed the door behind him he spoke.
"Don't move." I froze in place. I felt him close, I felt his warmth. He walked around me until we were face to face.