Chapter 13- Don't care

Axel's POV

"We'll have to make an emergency c-section, she and the baby are at risk right now if we don't conduct the procedure." The nurse told me as she held a piece of paper for me to sign.

This was all going too fast, but there was no time to lose. I took the document and signed it without a doubt.

"Thank you, and don't worry everything's going to be just fine." She smiled and I could've sworn she was flirting with me. Really? At a time like this? I rolled my eyes and turned around to sit on one of the seats in the waiting room. I could go in if I wanted to, they said, but I can't bring myself to do it, I'm too overwhelmed right now.

"Axel! What's going on?" Great, just what I needed, it was Angel, with Carmen and Clara.

"I'm just chilling here, getting a tan." Angel and Carmen sat on the chairs beside me, and Clara took a sit next to Angel.

"Are you being sarcastic?" Carmen said with a sneer.
"No." I don't need them here.
"Have they said if our Amelia was alright?" Angel had the nerve to say.
"Our?" Sometimes I wanted to kick him out of our lives, but he's useful.
"Yes, I was her first love, don't ever forget that." Should I smack him?
"She friend zoned you, don't ever forget that."
"Sure, we'll see whenever that baby comes out and resembles me more than you." I smacked the back of his head and he almost hit me back, but he realized nothing good would come out of that.
"You guys are the most annoying people I've ever met in my life," Carmen spoke.
"I could say the same," I answered back.
"No, but seriously, is Amelia okay?" Clara's voice was soft, almost a whisper. I know her question was directed at me, but her eyes were glued to the floor. I realized at that moment that Amelia was right, having a 100% obedient submissive must be boring as heck. I should embrace her bratty ass and accept her as she is.

"They just started the c-section, so I don't know."
"Well, as Leonardo Dicaprio said once 'la paciencia es una virtud' so let us wait." Angel must never take anything seriously.
"He has never said something like that," I told him, and he laughed.
"He doesn't even know Spanish that well." Carmen helped me out.
"Actually, it was Giacomo Leopardi who said something like that," Clara spoke, again, just a whisper.
"No one cares Clara, let's just wait in peace before this man here goes green and starts saying 'hulk smash!'" I thought Carmen was the least annoying one, but not anymore. At least her words worked, they all quieted down.

Now I can actually think... what am I going to do with Michaello?

"Oh no," Angel says while staring at his phone.
"What?"
"Michaello's face was leaked, probably his father."
"So?" This has nothing to do with us.
"I don't know how, but someone claims they've seen Amelia speaking with him. It doesn't look good on her since supposedly he's selling his products at her hotel. NYPD and the DEA are looking for her to interrogate." I fight the urge of kicking one of the chairs in front of me. There's my answer, I guess we'll have to help Michaello and destroy his father. It's a fact he's trying to bring down Amelia as well, but why? Nothing is making sense.

"Hello?" Carmen spoke to someone on the phone. "Oh hey, yeah. Amelia? She's in the hospital right now, giving birth, ah, oh, well okay, I'll tell her." We all turn our attention to her.
"What was that about?" Angel asked before I did.
"So... you remember Alex? The guy that lives with me, well, he's in charge of the thing you guys were just talking about right now. Yeah well, he told me that Amelia is under investigation and she needs to get back to NY real fast." Is this a joke? Why the fuck is this happening right now?
"Well, she can't," I told her as if she wasn't aware of that.
"Yeah... that's why he's coming to LA."
"He what?" I jumped from my seat. Amelia can't deal with this right now, or ever!
"He's doing his job, I can't blame him. He can't make exceptions." I couldn't believe what came out of Amelia's so-called "best friend". I can see why she doesn't trust anyone anymore.
"So you're saying you don't give a fuck about what might or could happen to Amelia." I snapped.
"I didn't say that, but she's not innocent either. I know Alex, if she tells him the truth, if she tells him everything, he might even help you guys out."
"Listen to yourself, Carmen. He's a fucking cop, and just like you said, he won't make an exception with Amelia." I shouldn't be this angry, I shouldn't even be thinking about anything other than Amelia and the baby.
"Alex is my friend, but I wouldn't let him hurt Amelia, and he knows it. He's just coming to clear out some things, everything will be fine." I don't trust a single thing she says, but I'll pretend I do, for now.