Chapter 27-Chain of Lies

It had to turn out perfect or our whole plan would shatter into pieces.

Michaello agreed on it, the plan was that Angel would hack on Ada's phone and send me a text via her phone telling me to meet up somewhere, then deleting it on her end, then he'd send her a text from my phone saying the same thing and also deleting the text but from my end, so it seems like we both reached out first.

I was sweating really bad, my anxiety taking control of me. I had to buy an energy drink and dump half of it so Ada thinks my nervousness was because of the energy drink and not because I had tricked her.

I saw her, she was walking towards me, smiling. My heart ached, is that smile a lie as well?

We stood in front of the restaurant we were supposed to meet at, it was actually inside one of my hotels.

"Amelia dear."
"Ada, I don't have time for this, what do you want?" Her eyebrows furrowed and her smiled faded.
"What do you mean? You texted me to meet you here." I did my best to act as if I had no idea what she was talking about.
"What do you mean? You were the one who texted me." I got my phone out and showed her our chat, it indeed said she was the one who texted me, not the other way around.
"That can't be, you texted me first." She showed me her phone. I had to get us somewhere more private so Michaello could do his thing, good thing it was past dinner time and there wasn't much people around.
"Is this another one of Joseph's trick? I'm done, you two can go straight to hell for all I care." I walked away, into the underground parking lot, hoping she'd follow me.
"Amelia!" Great, she did. "You can't talk about your parents in such way, and I have done nothing to deserve your hatred." She walked behind me.
"Exactly! You've done nothing!" I walked and extended our argument till we were in the parking lot and out of sight.
"Stop Amelia!" I stopped and turned to look at her.
"You've failed me, you've done an horrible job as a mother, what else do you want from me?" She came closer and put her soft and warm hand on my face.
"Oh honey..." Was the last thing she said before Michaello stabbed her neck with a tranquilizer.

"Punch me." I told Michaello, but he hesitated. "Punch me or it won't look real." He looked at the small camera hidden in the ceiling, Axel and Angel were both stalking us through there. We were inside an abandoned cabin, somewhere in the middle of the woods. I was tied to a chair as well as Ada, who was across from me, she was still unconscious.

"She said it." Michaello said through one of the microphones settled around the room, they could hear us as well. Then he hit me hard, managing to break my lip and knocking my chair over.
"Amelia!" Ada screamed, oh, I guess the loud thud and my cry of pain woke her up, perfect timing.
"Oh look who decided to join us!" I shivered, thinking about the time he actually kidnapped me and tried to rape me... I could've decided to trust him, but I'll never forgive him for that. Ugh! Just thinking about it makes me want to punch him!
"Mother!" Motherfucker.
"Who are you? Why are you doing this?" Ada, spoke, she seemed desperate, but no tears were coming out her eyes.

I groaned as he picked up the chair and set it back into place. I hit the side of my head when he knocked the chair, so now it hurts like hell.

"Oh come on! You should know, you're working with my dad." For a slight and tiny moment, amusement took over her face, but then she went back to her facade.
"What do you mean? Who?" My heart was racing, tears were threatening to come out my eyes, but I couldn't let it happen, at least not yet.
"Mother, what is he talking about?" My lips trembled as I spoke. She didn't know that I was aware of "Joseph" working with The Boss/ Michaello's father. She must still think I believe The Boss and Michaello are working together to destroy me, or whatever they were trying to do.

This was all a chain of trickery and lies, all because of what? Money? Power? As if they all don't have enough already.

If what Joseph said it's the truth, then the so called Boss and Ada were having Joseph think that I was the one that killed both Dylan and Chloe, just so I could stay in my position as a CEO and also to help Michaello with his wicked vengeance. However, Joseph knew the truth, and he also knew that Ada was the one who gave the order to The Boss to hurt Chloe, so in a way, he's tricking them into another lie just to "protect me". Then there's me, allegedly aware of every lie, but doing my own thing, why not just trust Joseph's words instead of creating this whole act?