Chapter 36- My Worst Nightmare

What the hell is going on in here?

Lex's eyes widen as his mouth opened and closed. I suppose he was trying to respond, but what Axel had just said had taken him aback. Was that fear I saw in his eyes?

"What's going on?" I spoke but received a quick glare from Axel instead of an answer.

I looked to my side to see if I could get an answer from Angel, but he was already staring at me as if I had killed his puppy, so I zipped my mouth shut. Damn, are they still mad about my small mistake? It was an accident, I wasn't thinking clearly when I did what I did.

"W--what? There's no one, I swear." The shakiness in his voice was telling me he was nervous, even afraid, but for what?

"This tells me otherwise," Axel took his phone out of his pocket and showed the screen to Lex. What is it? "Tell them it was a misunderstanding, that you're fine. Get them the fuck out of my property, now."

There were people where? Was I tricked by Lex?

"What is going on here? Why is he telling you  that, Alex?" I took a few steps forward, standing next to Axel, though I could feel how his gaze was boring a hole in the side of my head.

"Shut up!" Lex yelled at me and I almost punched him in the neck, but to my surprise, Axel followed through with my intrusive thoughts. He hit Lex so hard, that the chair tipped over. It's a good thing I reserved one of our soundproof suits because this guy was on the verge of screaming in pain.

"Have some respect! It's your fault you're here. You knew the consequences of your stupid threats. Now, you--" he turned to me and I bowed my head to avoid his gaze. "Get him his phone so he can call his people." It's almost unbelievable how I'm sure he's livid because of my stupidity but still defends my honor, isn't that cute? Sure, Amelia.

I did as he said, while he fixed Lex and his chair.

I thought I was smart, I turned off Lex's phone and took the SIM card out, but I guess he got tracked down anyway.

Once I was done putting the phone back together, I dialed the phone number Lex indicated and put the phone by his ear.

"Don't do anything stupid, remember, your dear mother." No, this can't be! I can't believe that I'm getting horny from Axel making life threats, how low can my body go? I don't even want to find out.

"What's up? No, I'm fine, she's been very compliant. Yes, I am sure, leave or the security guards are going to get suspicious. Okay, see you." I hung up, disgusted by his words, what does he mean I've been "very compliant"?

"Now, can someone explain?" I asked looking around, but the three of them just glared. Okay! Whatever! They can go fuck themselves, I don't have time for this, they have it covered, cool.

There's no point on me being in here if they're all ignoring me. I don't need this type of energy at the moment.

Yes, I am leaving, even if I'm the one that created this issue, and I still need to get some stuff cleared out with Lex. Fuck them!

I stomped my way to my belongings, reversing the roles and ignoring their calls to my name as I walked out the door.

I ran to the elevator, just in case they decided to go after me, and that's when my consciousness told me that I might be the dumbest person in the planet. I can care about that later.

I got on the elevator and took a peak of my phone. Why is there a whole bunch of missed calls? Ten from Clara, five from Marie, even Carmen and Cassie called, what's going on?

I called back the first number that popped up.

"Oh my God! Finally!" Clara yelled through the speaker. Okay, now I'm nervous, Clara never yells.