Chapter 22- Is it really the truth?

"Remind me again, why am I letting you do this?" Angel said as he parked one block away from what used to be my home.

I had decided to meet Joseph today, right after Angel spilled the beans. I couldn't wait, not even one more minute. I had to face him and ask him directly about his plans. I was tired of playing his stupid games.

I knew he was going to be home today, and I knew it was going to be the only day I could be able to talk to him without my work duties getting in the way.

I held on to the door, about to open it to get out the car, but then I see a black car, then another two behind it, they stopped right at the house's gates.

"Oh shit, it's them." Angel said, grabbing my shoulder and pushing me down with him.
"Who? Why the hell are we hiding?"
"Sshh! It's the Boss!" He whispered-yelled, and I hit myself mentally for not catching up to it immediately. Of course it had to be him, who else would be driving around like that.

"Why are you whispering? It's not like they could hear us."
"Shut up, they're crazy, I bet Joseph sent them to kill Chloe." The mention of her name brought pain to my chest... only a monster would do that do a pregnant woman. She was stabbed four times in her stomach, it seemed they were also targeting the fetus.

"We have nothing to fear, they're the ones who broke our deal, not us." This complicated everything, how was I supposed to speak with Joseph now?
"We don't know what the hell is going on between them, for all I know they might be planning your death right now." I shivered, there was no way, Joseph wouldn't go that far... or?

I need to find out...

"Let's go, we're going in." They had already went inside the gates, it was our chance to sneak in, we were going to do that anyways.
"Are you nuts?" He held me, keeping me from getting out the car.
"Yes, I'm nuts. I'm tired of this crap, I need to know why the hell Joseph's been doing this."
"He hates you, simple."
"Cool, but why? What could cause a father to hate his daughter so much he'd want her dead?" He sighed, giving in, I'm sure he wanted to know as well, and I'm hoping that our curiosity doesn't kill us.

"Get your finger out of my ear!" Angel said as I climbed on top of him to get to the other side of the walls.

There were cameras all around the perimeter of the house, however, I knew where the blind spot was, right where I was climbing.

"Maybe if you stopped moving." I grunted and whined, I haven't exercised my arms in a while, I've just been doing cardio and abs to get my shape back.
"Maybe I should let you fall and drive back to the comfort of my home. Why am I doing this and not Axel?" I rolled my eyes, struggling to get my body over the wall.
"He's busy."
"He's busy, or he doesn't know you're doing this?" Clever, but no, or yes, Axel knows half of it, I told him I was going to try to get a formal meeting with Joseph, but not that I was going to sneak in his house because I was sure he wasn't going to let me in willingly.

"He knows! Now do a final push, I'm about to make it." He pushed my weight up and I realized he was making me suffer on purpose, he was strong enough to push me up the wall in one go, but instead let me do all the work.

I landed on my feet and searched for a place to hide, a bush, yes. I was in the garden, wondering if this was a good idea or not.

I sneaked my way through the house, avoiding the cameras and some bodyguards-- men that belonged to the Boss.

I found myself inside the living area, realizing I didn't had a plan. What was I going to do? Fight Joseph and the Boss both at the same time? Ridiculous...

Then I heard some footsteps and voices, shit, it was them, they were coming in here and I didn't know what to do.

Oh, yes! There was a supply closet! I squished myself in there, trying not to make any loud sounds, oh lord, they decided to take a seat right in here, perfect. Oh wait, it is perfect, I can just listen to whatever they're saying.