•11•

Ashton pov

[Wednesday| Bible study ]

As my family pulls up to our church that evening, I see Zach's car in the parking lot. I was surprised that he even came to church. When I asked him this morning he said he wasn't sure about coming. I wonder what changed his mind.

Going inside, I notice my brother already trying to talk to some of the girls at the church when I am just trying to get to my class.

Passing door after door, I look through the glass into the youth room and see him sitting in one of the chairs alone in the back row, looking bored. I had no choice but to sit next to him.

"Hey," I said, taking a seat by his side.

"Hey," he says back.

"I never took you as a church person."

"I'm not, my grandma told me to come," he chuckled

"What do you think about it?"

"I don't think this is for me." He whispers to me.

"Yeah, I get it."

As time went on, Zach and I were trying to pay attention, but we kept playing tic-tack-toe on a sheet of paper we found on the floor. The study was over by game thirty. When we got dismissed, the kids were reported to go to the gym and wait for our partners and, or siblings.

Zach waited with me for my parents to show up . In the meantime we were just standing talking.

"How are you doing with the whole Devin situation?" He asked whispering his name.

"I don't want to talk about him."

"I see. I still don't get what you see in that piece of shit" He says. I smaked him for cursing. "What was that for?"

"You can't curse in here." I chuckle "We are still in church."

"Ok, ok, I'm sorry." He gives me a sarcastic smile exposing his one dimple, thinking that it's make everything better. Before I could hit him again we got interrupted by a person I've been trying to avoid for two years.

"Hey Ashton." She call me interrupting my conversation with Zach. She approached our table and instantly laid eyes on Zach. "You wanna introduce me to your friend?"

'Not really.' is what I wanted to say but instead I say "Umm sure, Rosalie this is Zach... And yeah." I felt my body going into it's self.

"Wow, it's nice to meet you. Ashton never brings his friends to church." She says. They shake hands but she never lets go of his. It was driving me a little crazy. From her high pitched voice, to her over the top ego she gets from her father, along with they was she flips her raggedy fake red hair thinking that she is all that, when in reality she makes drama. Church drama. She's annoying.

"It's nice to meet you too." He says while taking his hand away from hers. I could tell that he was getting uncomfortable with her, every three seconds he would look to me but I just sit there and did nothing. "I actually have a girlfriend." He says then looks at me again catching me off guard with his sudden news, in which I don't think she noticed.

"Oh." Rosalie says. "I'm so sorry, maybe be we will meet again one day."

"Maybe not."

"Ashton!" My mom calls from the entrance of the gym.

I waved just to get her to notice me and it worked. As I was about to stand and leave Zach holds my arms. "Why don't I bring you home?"

"I have to go with my parents. Why don't you bring your girlfriend home?" I said getting defensive, I removed my arm from his hand and went to my mother who was waiting.