•21•

Ashton pov

[One week till birthday|Saturday]

While sitting on the couch with my dad early one afternoon, he decided to turn on Law & Order. My dad and I could watch for hours. Mom hate when we watch it because she thinks is gonna mess me up in the future but so far im good.

"You hungry bud?" Dad asked sitting back in his recliner.

"No im good."

"I'll make us some sandwiches just in case." He says. As he sits up he closes the foot rest. When he stands to his feed there's a knock at the door. Dad and I look confused because we was not expecting anyone or knew anyone was coming. "Ash, get the door while I fix us some food."

"Alright." I said. While dad makes his way to the kitchen, I get up from my seat and answer the door. When I opened it I was surprised. My uncle was outside and he brought a friend. "Uncle Gorge?"

"Hey Ash, how are you doing?" He says standing there with a big smile. "You gonna let us in?"

"Yeah, of course."

My uncle and his friend come in the come in together. I give my uncle a big hug, I haven't seen him a long time since he moved to California and the flights aren't cheep.

"Gorge? What are you doing here?" My dad says coming from the kitchen, he looks at the guy beside my uncle and he just also gives him a hug as if he knew him.

"Is Tonya here?" My uncle asked. Taking off his coat.

"No. She took Thomas out to get a suit for his graduation."

"Wow all the kids are growing up so fast. How's Brian?"

"He's well. I spoke to him last week."

"That's great."

"Gorge, would you and your friend want anything to eat?" My father asked.

"No thanks. "

My uncle then looks at me. I felt like I was being judged for a minute then he smiles.

"How have you been doing?" Gorge asked me.

"I've been well..." I said. "How about you?" I asked trying not to be awkward.

"I've been good. Actually I was on my way to Florida and we just decided to drop by, hopefully stay the night." He says aloud hoping my dad would hear. "What do you say Henry?"

"I that's fine with me but you still have to ask your sister... You how we can be sometimes." Dad says coming out the kitchen with my favorite ham and cheese on wheat bread, cutting the crust off. He drops a plate in front of me and I can smell that he cooked the ham and the cheese was perfectly melted.

"Thanks dad." I said ready to dig in.

"No problem, dig in." He says. He sits down in his chair and looks at Uncle Gorge and his friend who are sitting her close together. "So...whos your friend exactly?" He asked.

"Oh, this is Felix." He says.

I noticed my dad starting to get a little uncomfortable but before he could say another word the sound of keys at the front door alerts us all. As soon at the door opened all you hear is Thomas and mom laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"None of your- ow." Thomas began but then got cut off with a smack on his chest with was deserved. I roll my eyes and slump in my seat. "Ooo, did dad make ham and cheese?" Thomas says making his way over to me uninvited.