•5•

Ashton pov

[One month later |Friday]

Devin and I became inseparable. I would go to his place, go to dinner, see a movie or just chill in the park.

Tonight due to the rainy weather  decided to stay  with Devin, alone at his place. Because Carlos was not home. Even though I've been to his house many times, this time feels different.

"Are you comfortable?" He asked me. He held me as we were wrapped in blankets trying to stay warm.

"Yeah," I said nuzzling my head in his neck.

"I'm glad we gave this another chance." He says. I meet his gaze, putting my hand on his cheek.

"Me too."

He leans into me kissing me. Holding me. I felt my body fall back on the arm of his couch. He shifted our position of which he was on top. I felt like I was ready. My emotions were different from the Halloween party last month. I didn't let go. We proceed to make out on his couch. Not thinking of it I felt his hand touch my inner thigh and a zipper sound, suddenly feeling a cold air graze my skin from my jeans.

My eyes shot open not ready for what was about to happen.

"Devin, stop." I said making him pause. I started to panic.

"Ashton, what's wrong?" He says still hovering over me.

"I-I-I.." I couldn't get the words out. My chest felt tight and my eyes stared to get blurry. I couldn't speak, my voice was gone.

"Hey, its alright. I'm here, breath." He moved away from me, gets up from the couch and runs to the kitchen. He comes back with a glass of water and squats down in front of me.

"I'm sorry," I said crying.

"Why are you sorry? I should of backed off."

"I thought I was ready for this..." I said drinking my water he gave me.

"It's fine. I'm not mad. I don't wanna force you to do anything you don't want to do." He pulls me into a hug and rubs my back trying to get me to stop crying.

"I do want to do it... I don't know what happened..."

"That's fine. Look, I'm not rushing you." His kisses me on the head and we just ended up watching TV the rest of the night.
***

[Monday]

Walking down the halls mindlessly I spot Zach from the corner of my eye at his locker making me stop. Before I could approach him some random girl beats me to him. After our kiss we haven't spoken much. And I didn't tell my friends about it.

Though it feels like our friendship reset itself, like nothing happened. Everything that happens with he and I didn't happen.

"Hey, Ash," I hear a unfamiliar voice come from behind me.  When I turned around I see Oscar standing there with something behind his back.

Before I could say anything to him he and some other guys dumped milk all over my favorite shirt I got from my grandmother. 

"What the hell!?" I yelled whipping the milk out of my eyes.