•16•

Ashton pov.

[Two week later]

Visiting the hospital, with my family to see Devin's recover from surgery was hard for me. After his fight with Dillon they both ended up is the hospital for broken ribs, noses, eye bleeds, and the fists to get them bandaged.  Thank God it's winter break so I could visit him more. I also think it's funny that the two idiot where put in the same room together.

While I was sitting there with Devin and watched Death note with him I heard Dillon say something from the other side of the room but I didn't wanna listen. The guy kept mumbling but I didn't care.

"Ashton, I'm sorry." He finally says making me drop my jello. Devin and I look at each other confused as to why he would say sorry. "You too Devin, I'm sorry."

"Why are you saying sorry?"

"Because I felt like I need to say it. I didn't mean what I said about you Ashton. I was out of line."

"Dillon, let me ask you something," Devin says. "Why did you say all of that stuff? We never had any problems before?"

"Well... I guess when Becky started to talk to me I just listened, I wanted to act like a tough guy but... She hasn't even spoken to me since I've been in the hospital. And Ashton has been here every other day. He's taken care of both of us."

"Look it's alright, I have no hard feelings alright." I said. I continue to watch the show but then I felt a  tap on my shoulder. I look up and I see Devin leaning in with a strawberry in his mouth. "What?"

"Take it." He said with his mouth open with the strawberry between his teeth. When reach with my hand he moves his head away, everytime I trying to take it with my hand it's the same reaction.

"I'm not gonna do that. What if people are watching us? I don't wanna get into trouble."

"Just one, that's it."

"Fine," I roll my eyes and give in. I reach up to him and I kissed him not even tasting the strawberry. Only his lips. I felt his hand graze my arm and neck as I felt him pull me in more making hormone levels raise. 

I pulled away from him completely caught off guard. I opened my eyes and looked at him having no idea how to feel when he touched me like that. I felt myself getting worked up again.

"You know, when we was trying on suits for the dance," Devin begins to whisper in my ear.

"Yeah?"

"I saw it." He teases. My eyes shot open out of embarrassment I felt like I wanted to die.
***

The next few weeks I continue to visit him along with my family. I tired to convinced my parents if I could spend the new year with but of course the said no.

But right after the sun rises I begged Thomas to let me see Devin and for some reason he didn't argue with me, we haven't fought since Devin has been in the hospital.

Thomas has been rather quit these past few weeks, well other than his music. But so far. Very quiet.

"Are you alright?" I asked him as he begun to drive.

"Shut up, don't talk to me while I'm drive." He snaps at me for no reason. "Why do you smell like that?"

"Like what?" I smell my shirt and I can't smell what he is talking about.