•2•

The first day of school is always the longest and most tiring. Listening to teachers talk in a cold classroom for 90 minutes, they all have the same monotone and unenthusiastic voice. It's boring.

What I can say is that my Math teacher Mrs. Floyd is really funny. From the very beginning of her class, she called out everyone who had their head down and gave them a math problem. Some easy and some not so much. I'm also glad that Tamara is in my class, we work well together and we also talk a lot... That might be our problem.
****

While getting off the bus I watch as Thomas and his friends pulled into the driveway and for the quickest second, I felt my heart burst as I made eye contact with Devin who was in the back seat.

"Mr. Anderson, please move away from the bus." The bus driver says pulling me out of the trance.

"I'm sorry," I said, then moved out of the way. I griped the straps on my back pack nervously as I slowly walking pass the group of guys.

Thomas and his friends step out of the car and I continue to daydreaming about Devin in my head. He is perfect.

"Hey Ash!" Thomas yells at me as I walk past quietly. I don't look back or respond as I approach the door. "Ashton! Don't ignore me!" He continued. I rolled my eyes, got my key out of my pocket and unlocked the door. "Damn." He says smacking his lips. "You could have just said you had your key so I wouldn't have to waste my breath."

I take a deep breath the walk up to my room.

About an hour later while sitting in my room, doing my home work. I heard a bunch of screaming and loud music coming from Thomas's room. The ruckus was making me lose my concentration as I was stuck on a math problem.

I've tried to ignore it but it just wasn't working. I jumped out of my seat and marched to Thomas's room.

"Thomas turn your music down I'm trying to study!" I yelled form outside the door. First he didn't answer. I started banging on the door over and over wanting him to get pissed and open the door.

I kept banging the door recklessly. I was desperate for this dumb ass to open the door. As I kept hitting the door the wood texture changed catching me off guard.

"Why are you hitting me?" Said a familiar deep and clear voice. I looked up, making eye contact with Devin. He stood there with a smile on his face exposing his double fangs.

"I-I-I..." I stumbled trying to find the words as I looking into the beautiful icy blue eyes of this man standing in front of me. "I'm... Trying to study...."

"Yo Devin, close the door! I don't want any bugs getting in!" Thomas yells across the room.

"Sorry Ash, I'll try and turn it down for you." Devin says with a smile on his face.

"Thank you," I said along with a slight bow. We shared one last smile then I decided to walk back to my room, facing my back to him as I walked away.

"Hey Ash-" he says making me turn around to look at him meeting his soft gaze

"Yeah?" I replied

"...ugh... Never mind."

"Alright." I said then went back into my room.
***
Devin pov

Seeing Ashton all grown up is weird. I've known him since he was in first year in middle school just because I'm friends with his brother I see him almost everyday. Back then times were different. He looked different.

Seeing him now it's like he has a new glow about him. Something I can't put my finger on. I'm suddenly intrigued by him.

"Who was at the door?" Steven asked stuffing his mouth with chips.