•3•

Ashton pov

{Monday}

As I'm walking in the halls by myself, I kept thinking why was Devin looking at me like that at the mall the other day. Did I look strange? What was it?

"Hey, Ashton!" I hear Zach call my name at the end of the hallway. He runs to me with a smile on his face. He might have good news about something... Or maybe he's just in a good mood.

He approaches me out of breath but still has a smile on his face.

"Hey," I say watching him struggle. He quickly recovers just drinking water from his water bottle. "You are in a good mood."

"Yeah, you don't look so good."

"Huh? Oh..."

"Are you sick?"

"No, I don't feel sick," I told him. He looks around at the parshley empty hallway then builds the conference to put the back of his hand on my head to see if it was warm. "What's the diagnosis doctor Zach?" I joked around. He laughs and quickly moves his hand. My heart was racing like a cheetah in the wild.

"You are not sick, but..."

"But?"

"You do look sad. Why are you sad?"

"Ha, I'm not sad, just a lot on my mind I guess."

"Hey Zachary the coach wants to see you!" A friend of his said before he could speak. He looks at me with a smile. Then runs away with his friend, making my morning a little better.

"we will talk later!" He yells running backward. I laughed as I watched him trip over a person as he runs while watching me. He turns forward and continues to run.

"Hey Ash," hear a voice from behind me. I turn around and see my friends walking toward me.

"Hey, where have you been? We sat in the library waiting for you," Chloe said. With Ricky's arm around her shoulder.

"I've been just walking around trying to make sense of things."

"Like Devin..." Tamara points at him with Becky again making out in the middle of the hall. I notice his eye open, meeting my gaze. I wanted to rip the girl off of him but I just acted as though I didn't see them. My friends and I walked in the opposite direction.

"Why do you like him?" Ricky asked trying to comfort me. I couldn't give him a real answer because I didn't have one. Why do people like anybody?

"Yeah, obviously he doesn't care and just not into boys... You know."

"I know Chloe but just because he doesn't like me, doesn't mean I can't like him."

"But why do you like him?"

"I don't know, I just do..."

"Ok, aside from that trash, who were you talking to just a moment ago?" Tamara nudged me. At the thought of Zach, I just smile. "Wow, that's a big smile. Spill it Ash."

"His name is Zach,"

"Zach, Football Zach?" Chloe started to freak out. I honestly don't know if that's what he plays, his friend said 'coach' so I guess so.

"I don't know, I guess so. You know who he is?" I asked confused.

"Hell yeah, he is the all-star player on the team. He has been for two years. He's one of the fastest running backs in the county. Plus he is so hot."

"Oh, I didn't know that... I mean we just meet a few days ago."

"And you let him touch your head?" Chole was in disbelief, clinching on to her bag. I was a little confused and embarrassed.