•19•

Thomas pov

[Saturday morning]

After talking to Ashton the other day I knew I had to take a stop at Devin's house to know what was really going on. He told me yesterday that him and Carlos moved out and got their own place. Might as well know two birds with one stone.

As I got to the apartment which was right in the middle of downtown I knew I needed to call him.

"Hello?" Devin answers immediately.

"Yo, I'm outside, what floor are you on?"

"On the fifth floor, number 508."

"Ok, I'm coming up."

After hanging up the phone I made my way to the front I had to ring the buzzer to get let in.

First impressions of the lobby of the building I was amazed. It looked like a  hotel but it wasn't.

"Hello can I help you?" A  beautiful woman asked as I approached the desk.

"Yeah, my friends just moved in and they are expecting me."

"Sure, what's the name?"

"Ugh-"

"Hey, Rachael stop teasing." I heard Devin's voice as he just hopped up out of nowhere.

"Devin... " she says. Her diameter just changes. She goes from a monotone to bright and bubbly. I'm just as handsome as Devin if... If not more.

"This is my friend Thomas." Devin says with his arm comfortably placed around my shoulder.

"Oh I see." She giggles. " he's good."

Devin winks at the girl and we leave the front deck into the elevator.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"What? Oh, you mean Rachel?"

"Yeah."

"We fucked last night." He says with full confidence.

"Damn you don't waste no time."

"How did your parents let you and Carlos move out so fast? How did you find this place?" I asked in amazement, unable to find the words for how his life is so much better than mine.

"Well Carlos has been looking and our dad helped him find this place. But we promised that we would get jobs. Plus now that Carlos is eighteen he wanted to move out so I came with him." He said.

"Damn must be nice. My parents gave me a whole test just so I could come down here." I exaggerated.

"My parents don't care what we do as long as we don't get arrested. At least that's what my dad says." Devin jokes.

When we got to his new plays it was a lot bigger than it looks. There are two bedrooms with its own bathroom and a huge living room. As I continue to look around all I see in a blue couch and a flat screen TV. The bedroom is completely empty.