Chapter 6: Blood and bruise

Natasha's POV 

The feeling of a hot breath touched the skin in my neck woke me up from my sleep. I opened my eyes and I flinched when I saw Valerian leaning on me with his eyes staring deep into my soul. 

"What are you doing?" I stuttered. 

I don't want to be scared of him or even show signs of weakness but the way he's staring at me makes my knees wobble. He makes me nervous and I don't if it's because of his aura or the way he looks at me or both. He's just really intimidating. 

I just woke up and yet he managed to make my heartbeat erratic. 

Everything about him screams danger in an unexplainable way. 

"Are you hungry?" he asked as he stood up straight and put his hand inside his pocket. 

I studied him and noticed that he was wearing formal office attire except his coat.

I shook my head. 

I don't know what time is it already but I can see the rays of the sun shining through the window. And surprisingly, I'm not hungry. I don't feel any hunger or thirst-- the exact opposite of what I felt earlier at dawn. 

When Valerian took me inside his mansion and told me that I couldn't leave, I protested at first because I don't want to be here but I eventually just go to the flow when I realized something. I can't go home because I don't have his head so I came to terms with living in his mansion and plotting his death until I successfully execute it. 

I think I should be even truly thankful that he made it easier for me to plot.

His mansion is hella huge with a lot of things-- vintage things that look like it's been here centuries ago. And since he made me live here without asking for my consent, I get to choose what room to occupy and mind you, I chose a really pretty and big one. That's the least he can do to me after poisoning me with his blood and lying to me saying he's my mate.

He told me that he doesn't live here but his house looks so maintained. It's so clean and neat and looks like it's been really taken care of. The mansion has a unique style of old-fashioned style-like which makes it so elegant and beautiful. And I think the idea of Valerian Fenrir living in a home like this added to his devilish aura. 

"Where are you going?" I asked when he turned his back at me and walked towards the door. 

Valerian didn't answer and just directly went out of the room. 

I gritted my teeth. 

I honestly don't care about his whereabouts, where is he going, or the sh*ts he's going to do with his life but I'm still as clueless as a child to what I am supposed to do now in these times. 

I hurriedly fixed myself and stood up from the bed and followed him. 

Now, that I can clearly see the inside of his mansion, I was in total awe. 

It's so breathtaking. 

This place managed to dazzle me when it was dark and now that I can see everything crystal clear-- wow. 

My mother used to tell us stories about our pack living in a cage and places that are not so flattering a hundred decades ago when there was still chaos between our kind, vampires, and humans. And, now that we're in civilization, I can't help but think how lucky we are because we didn't get to experience those. 

We may be living in a small town now with a simple life and don't have the luxury like what Valerian Fenrir has, I will still choose that kind of life. With my family and friends. Every day may not be a good day but it's my life that I get to live.