Chapter 3

Rishab POV:

How could he find me here! I thought.

" What are you doing in this place! You hate the smell of the alcohol " I asked him.

He ignored my words and turned away his head watching the people who were having their drinks. Meanwhile, the waiter brought the order to our table.

" Thank you…" he said to the waiter and touched the beer bottle. Just before he tried to sip the beer, I pushed it away. The bottle hit the floor and broke into pieces. 

" Tony… Are you gone mad! Do you forget the promise to your mom that you never touch any alcohol in your life! " I shouted at him.

" It's my life. My wish. When you don't want me to stay with you then why do you care about me! " he asked me in a serious tone.

" Tony… I didn't mean it. I want you to be happy. If you stay with me,  you will not be happy. Try to understand…" I explained to him.

" I will be happy if I am with you. You are the only one for me in my life right from my childhood after my mom's death and my father abandoned me. You are the one who gave me food and shelter when I have no place to stay. It's because of you…" He said so emotionally.

I have no words to speak. I stared at him, who was already looking at me with a gloomy face. I poured raw whiskey into the glass and gulped it into my throat in one go. He placed an empty glass before me and asked me to serve with a serious face. 

" I want to taste it. I want to know how it helps you to forget the pain"  Tony said.

" Tony… I know you promised your mom before she died that you would never touch alcohol in your life. You don't want to become like your father, " I said.

" I can break my promise. I want to know what is there in the alcohol that you consume every night before you sleep! " he said.

" Let's go from this place…" I stood up from the chair.

" Okay. You leave. I will taste it and then come to our flat, " he replied. I held his arm and dragged him from the table. He took his hand for me and yelled, " When you don't listen to me then why should I obey your words? "

Everyone started watching us as he was making a scene in the bar. I paid the bill first then I grabbed his arm and pulled out the bar. " Let's go…" I pulled him to the parking lot.

" No.." He replied.

" Shut up and hop the bike " I ordered.

" Promise me that you never touch alcohol in your life. Then only I will come with you or else I will also follow you " he kept the condition. He took my hand and placed it on his head, " swear on me…"

" What are you doing!  It's hard to quit all of a sudden. Try to understand…" I gave an excuse. 

"You left your family, your love. If it is easy for you then leaving alcohol is also easy " he said.

" I will get some peace of mind if I have it every night…" I reasoned.

" Okay, then I will permit you to have it once a week " he permitted me as he knew about my condition without alcohol. 

I nodded my head as he is the one for me to stay along with me like a shadow. " But wait. I will bring my whiskey bottle as I already paid for it…" I went back and took the bottle which was left on the table. I quickly went and got back my bottle.

" Again you have to take alcohol after one week," he said, like a strict teacher. I nodded my head and followed him to the parking place where I parked my bike.