Chapter 21

Author POV continues....

" Really…. How! " she asked.

Just when she was supposed to close her mouth, he took a small morsel of rice with his hand and gently fed it into her mouth. As soon as she tasted the food her mouth watered. She wanted to have it without making any fuss.  For the next time, she opened her mouth widely, signalling him to feed her with his hands. He felt glad to see her having food he prepared and continued feeding her.

She smiled inside to see his side of him. She decided to express her feelings to him without any second thought.

He fed her with his hands while talking about his friendship with Rishab. Once he washed his hands, he brought a glass of water to drink. 

Once her stomach was filled, she said, " I wish to have this kind of meal every day …"

As he had no idea of the meaning behind her words, he said, " ofcourse, If every problem is sorted out in your family, I can cook everyday. Your brother also likes my cooking …"

She held his wrist and looked straight into his eyes. " I didn't mean you to cook everyone. I wanted you to cook specially for me but not everyday…" she said.

" Sure…. You are my best friend's sister. I will cook …" he agreed.

" I never thought this kind of species like you would be still available in this generation…" saying she patted her forehead.

" What do you mean by it! " he asked her, surprised with her outburst.

She fisted his T Shirt and pulled closer to her and said, " I don't want you to prepare something for your best friend's sister instead for your girlfriend or your wife. And I want that place in your life…" 

As it was shocking and surprising news for him to know about her feelings, his heartbeat quickened. 

" So…now…. tell me… Is that place vacant in your life? " she inquired, looking into his eyes.

" Maanasi … did I feed something wrong that you are talking so weirdly with me? " he asked, still in a confused state.

Looking at his facial expression, she giggled and said, " You look so innocent. Maybe that was the reason I fell for you…."

Instantly he got away from her, taking her hands from him and stood up from the bed. He turned away to leave the room as he thought it was so wrong.

But she held his wrist and stopped him from leaving the room. Calling his name, she stood up from the bed.

" Maanasi… let me go…." He said sternly.

As she heard the seriousness in his voice, her eyes filled with tears. But she didn't leave his hand. He waited for a few seconds and turned to her to take away his hands. He noticed her face and said, " Listen… I don't like such pranks. And remember in your mind that I am your brother's best friend…."

She was so hurt by his words as he thought her feelings for him were some prank. Immediately she raised her head and looked straight into his eyes. 

" So…. My feelings for you are like some prank to you? " she questioned him while tears rolled out of her eyes.

" I love you….Tony. I always wanted to marry a person like you who respects family, understand values of every relationship. If you like me, I will talk with my father…." She finally expressed her feelings.