Chapter 26

Rishab PoV continues…

" Shall I tell him the truth about myself! " I thought to myself. 

Meanwhile Nandan Uncle walked up to me and asked about Dad. 

" He is with Maanu…" I replied.

" You did a great job by coming here. Being a son, you should stay with your parents as your mom's health is not good…" he said, placing his hand on my right arm.

As he was talking to me, I felt ashamed to hide about myself. I didn't mind if he slapped me after telling my name and said, " Uncle… I am not Rithwik. I am Rishab…"

Instantly the expression on his face changed. He took off his hand from my right arm looking at my face.

" Finally… you are back…" he spoke with a stern expression.

I could not see his face after what I did with Ishita. I lowered my head and nodded my head.

" I am happy for Abhi and Jhanavi. But I cannot forgive you for what you did to my daughter" he said sternly.

I stared at him silently as I had no words to speak. And I also knew that he had every right to blame as it was not a small mistake to forgive me or talk with me properly.

Then he continued, " I want you to stay away from my daughter. She already shed an ocean of tears because of you. And  now she is trying to start her new life. Hope you won't become an obstacle in her life…"

I could understand the meaning behind his words and remained quiet. 

" Remember, in future if my daughter had tears because of you, I will forget that you are my friend's son. And whatever consequences between the two families will happen it will be because of you…" he threatened me.

As I had no other option, I nodded my head, agreeing with Uncle.

Just then Aarushi, Rithwik, Tony and Ishita returned. They noticed Nandan talking with me and walked to us. 

" How are you, Uncle! " Rithwik greeted Nandan Uncle.

" Good. I came to know about Maanu. So I came to visit her…" he said.

" How is your health, dear? " Nandan Uncle asked looking at Aarushi.

" Good…" she replied. 

" Ishu…. Once come with me…" Nandan said and took Ishita away from us to the corner of the waiting lounge.

" Rishab …. Was Nandan Uncle shouting at you! " Rithwik asked me.

" It's nothing like that. He was happy to know I am back…" I told the half truth.

But Tony was perplexed with my answer as he could read me like an open book. Immediately I diverted my eyes from Tony.

" Well…if Uncle was not mad at you then we can talk about Ishita after Maanu's discharge…." Aarushi suggested enthusiastically.

" Yeah… that will be great. I too want Ishita and Rishab to start their married life…." Rithwik spoke looking at me.

I plastered a smile as I don't want them to be worried about me. 

 ……

After a while, Ishita joined us whereas Nandan Uncle went inside the room to visit Maanu.

" As Rishabh is back, it's better if you both sort out the issue…" Aarushi advised.

" What is there to sort out! " Ishita questioned looking at me. There was a change in everyone's expression.