Chapter 14

Hi readers

Hope all are so happy to see early update of this book even the votes not crossed 100.

I knew many readers are so angry at me being a irregular in updating. So I request you all to vote atleast 75 on every chapter along with comments.

I dedicate this chapter for my loyal readers ...

******

Ishita POV

As soon as I got the text message from my father, I went to that place to meet the person. As I experienced the pain and disappointment from my beloved man. I don't want to give any hope to that person.

I drove the car to the restaurant and parked my car. As soon as I stepped down the car, a  man came to me with a sweet smile. He was nearly a middle aged man. 

" Madam, Good evening …" he greeted.

" Are you Miss. Ishita ? " He inquired politely.

" I am Mr. Mathur, Mr. Rohit Kapoor's assistant. He sent me to escort to the VIP lounge…" he added.

I nodded my head and thought to myself, " what kind of a man, Rohit Kapoor is? How could he send his assistant when I came to meet him personally? "

" Anyways, why should I bother what kind of a man he is? I am not going to marry anyone…" thinking I followed Mr. Mathur silently.  

Once I stepped near the table, Mr. Mathur pointed his finger and said, " There he is… Mr. Rohit Kapoor " 

I raised my head and was startled seeing his face. He smiled widely and stood up from the chair.

" Aren't you surprised? " He asked, walking to me. I never expected that the person my father was talking about was the same person I met a week ago at the studios.

I remained silent thinking how to tell him about my decision as I need to meet him regularly at work. Just then, he instructed Mr. Mathur to leave them alone.

Then he pulled the chair for me like a gentleman and asked me to take the seat. 

" I know… you will be nervous on seeing me.." he started the conversation.

" Actually…  I want to tell you about my…" before I complete, he cutoff my words.

" Your father told me everything about your past. I have no problem even if you are divorced. Infact, I will be glad to know that you have some experience in everything…" he laughed.

" You know, I am a broad minded man. I too had many affairs during my college days. It's common nowadays to have affairs, divorce …" he added.

" How could my dad ask me to meet this mannerless idiot…" I thought.

I glared at him, fisting my hands and said, " it's not a professional life to see the experiences"

" I didn't mean to hurt your feelings… Ishu…" he reasoned.

" Mr. Kapoor, I am not Ishu for you. Call me Miss. Ishitha…." I said sternly.

" Fine… don't get angry" he said, raising his both hands up in the air.

" Okay. Tell me… why did you want to marry me? " I asked him straight. I don't want to waste my time.

" I liked you as soon as I met you for the first time. And after talking with you, I was impressed by your behaviour and as well as your talent. I wanted you to be my life partner." He told me. 

Just then his mobile rang, he excused himself and walked away from the table. I sighed in relief as I was feeling irritated to talk with him. I wanted to leave the place as soon as possible, telling my decision to him.

I checked the time, it was 8 pm.

…..

After a few minutes, I heard some loud noise from the far. I turned my head and looked in that direction. But I could not see the people over there as the thin partition walls between the sitting cabins. 

A few seconds later, Rohit walked to the table and sat opposite to me. 

" Sorry… for making you wait…' Rohit apologised. Just then, I heard someone calling Rishab's name. My heartbeat quickened hearing the name. I leaned to the table with the help of my knees and looked subconsciously in that direction. 

Then I noticed a tall man standing facing his back in a sky blue Tee shirt and the other person's face was not clear. I furrowed my eyes and looked at them keenly. Then I found Preetham talking with one person. And that person looked in my direction. 

Just after seeing the person, my heart stopped beating and my mind was blank. I stood up from the chair as I felt as if I was imagining him in front of my eyes. I stared at him without blinking my eyes as I was scared he would disappear if I blink my eyes. 

In the meanwhile, Preetham recognised me and smiled at him waving his hand.

" Yeah ... .Ishita… is it you? What a surprise? " He exclaimed, walking to me with a bright smile. But my eyes were glued to Rishab. 

I think he was also shocked at finding me in Mumbai as Rishab rooted in his place without any response.

Just then, Preetham turned to Rishab and signalled him to come to us. 

" Hey man! Did you know Miss. Ishita? " Mr. Rohit intervened, looking at us.

" Yes. She was my junior in university…" Preetham replied. Then he looked at me and said, " So… you are his date ? " 

I felt so uncomfortable with Preetham's question and that in front of Rishab. I looked with serious expression at Rohit. He smiled sheepishly, confirming to me that he lied to them.

I remained silent. As I want to think that I am trying to move on in my life. I wanted to know my pain for hurting my feelings. I want to punish him for all my sufferings. Then I noticed expressions on his face. I sensed the awkwardness with his body posture.

" By the way, meet Mr. Rishab. He is working as a new choreographer in our production…" Preetham introduced him proudly.

" Ohh ... .it's nice to know that we are working in different sessions of the entertainment field. Miss. Ishita is also new here, recruited as a costume designer,  " Rohit said smiling.

He stared at me, reading my face for a few seconds as if something was going on in his mind.

" Yeah…Preetham… we all are waiting for you. Come fast. Cake is ready…" saying one person came towards us.

" Is it your birthday? " I asked Preetham.

He nodded with a smile and invited us to join with their friends. Rohit's expression changed instantly showing his disinterest. But I want to join them as I wanted to know how Rishab is living and what he achieved by leaving and hurting all of us.

" Let's go…" I said, plastering a small smile on my face. As Rohit had no other option, he joined me at their table.

Rohit blew the candle and cut the cake. He kept the first piece of cake aside and then the group who came for Preetham fed the cake, wishing him. I tried to ignore him but I could feel his eyes only on me.

Meanwhile, everyone ordered the food and was talking while waiting for the food. 

" Shall we go here and have our dinner? " Rohit asked me. Rishab looked at Rohit. I could see unread expressions in his eyes. Immediately, Rishab stood up from the chair looking at Rohit and me.

" I need to make a call…" saying he stood up from the chair. Just then, his mobile rang in his pocket. He quickly took it out and attended the call as soon as he noticed the display name.

I didn't understand who made the call. But I sensed his face turned pale after hearing the words of that person.

" Manasi…" Rishab mubbled a bit audibly. 

" I need to go now…" he informed Preetham and ran out of the restaurant, panicking. 

" Is he talking about Manasi? Is she okay? " I panicked. I too ran out searching for Rishab.