chapter 25

Ishita POV

" The worst feeling in the world is when you can't love anyone else, and the heart still belongs to the same person who broke it very brutally …."

I felt the same feeling when I could not see Rishab in pain when he was hugging Jhanu Aunty. I tried to be strong and bold to show him that I moved on in my life. I tried my best to show my hatred. But my weak heart didn't tell me to stay quiet. So I allowed him to stay back in my place. I don't want to hurt Aunty and Uncle between us even though it was a tough task to face him.

…..

Once I came back to my bedroom after talking to Rishab. I felt so restless. And all of sudden, I have pain due to stomach cramps. Then I realised it was my monthly cycle. Immediately I went to take a bath as we needed to go to the hospital.

Once I came out wrapping my body with a towel, I was startled to find Rishab's presence in my bedroom. As I was already frustrated because of my stomach cramp and weakness. I turned away from him and shouted at him.  Maybe it was because of hormonal issues during this time, I could not control my anger.

And before I completed taking out my frustration, he held my arm and turned me towards him. My body shivered with his touch and proximity as it had been a long time being close to him. As he spoke to me, I felt so embarrassed. I wanted to die in shame as every word is true. I knew very well about his behaviour even though he cheated me. It was the main reason I admired him in my heart for not crossing his limit when we were together. And he never took advantage of my love and claimed his right  as my husband. I didn't realise when the tear flowed over my cheeks. 

When he noticed my tears, immediately he apologised to me and left the bedroom. The way he left made me more ashamed to talk with him like that. 

I don't know what is happening to me. Until now, I thought it was so easy to show my anger, my hatred and my frustration for hurting my feelings. But then I realised it was so hard to hate and hurt the person whom we love so much. I stayed back in the room and let out my pain through my tears and came out of the bedroom. 

Once I came out, I found he was having his breakfast whereas Aunty and Uncle were in a hurry to go to hospital. I didn't want to make any delay to go to the hospital as everyone was waiting for him. As I was not in a mood to have breakfast, I lied to them that I had my breakfast. 

……

By the time I locked my apartment Aunty and Uncle were already left for the parking area. I felt so helpless to enter alone inside the elevator with him. I wanted to avoid him and turn away from him as soon as the door closed. Then he came close to him and gave me the apple, saying I need to eat.

I thought to ignore him as I didn't want his care or attention now. But the next second, I turned to him when he mumbled, " You should not skip food during ladies' days …"

I was beyond shocked to know how he knew my personal details. I got conscious about my appearance and leaned my back to the lift.

" How?? " I inquired, feeling so nervous.

" Yeah…. Don't be embarrassed. It's nothing with your dress…" he said. Still I was confused thinking how he knew about it.

" I knew every single and personal detail of yours. Don't forget that we used to stay in one room…" he explained as if he understood my thoughts.

" I might have married you by hiding my identity. But my care for you during that time is true…" He added.

Meanwhile, the door opened wide  at the ground level. And  I found someone waiting to enter. I silently walked out of it without turning my head. I felt so embarrassed to stay with him as I never let my father know about pain during the monthly cycle.