extra | guilt and regret

yuanfen.
act one, extra.
"guilt and regret"

HE KNEW THAT HE shouldn't have let Dahlia go in on her own. He knew that she was in no way prepared to face Talon. It had been only been minutes since she disappeared inside the base, and already Genji found himself cursing beneath his breath in Japanese and pacing back and forth on the rooftop.

    Part of him wanted Dahlia to just do what she pleased and get off his back, though the other part of him, a tiny part that he had tried to ignore time and time again, found himself worrying for her safety.

    He knew what Talon was capable of. As a former Blackwatch agent, he had seen it with his own eyes. He had seen them murder, mutilate, and torture his teammates; he could only imagine what they'd do to get information out of a weak, helpless girl such as Dahlia Blackrock. Even the toughest agents had been known to break beneath Talon's inhumane interrogation processes.

    And if they knew who she was, who her father was, it would only get worse.

    "Kuso.." Genji muttered beneath his breath as he slipped inside the building after her, to find her and bring her home before she got hurt.

    The building was eerily quiet, and for once he was thankful for the cybernetic enhancements that allowed him to see better in the darkness. He immediately moved towards the first door he saw, slipping through it in hopes that Dahlia had the same idea.

    Genji searched the building until the sun began to rise, shining through the windows that lined the walls, and the hallways began to show signs of activity. There was no sign of her anywhere, and this terrified him. It was as if she had completely disappeared. Genji didn't want to admit it to himself, but he knew deep down that Dahlia Blackrock had been taken by Talon.

    For once, Genji regretted the hateful things he had said to her, as well as the countless times where he wished that she would just get lost. There was no doubt in his mind that it was his fault. He should've gone with her. He should've protected her.

    Genji didn't want to leave her, though as he began to have to take more detours to avoid the Talon agents that were beginning to flood the halls, he knew that he didn't have a choice. If he stayed any longer, he would share the same fate. As he slipped out of the building through an open widow, he could only hope that Talon would, for once, show some mercy.