extra | longing

yuanfen.
act three, extra.
"longing"

_

NOT MANY PEOPLE REALIZED that although cybernetic armor covered the entirety of his body, Genji was still fully capable of feeling through the metallic plating. Dr. Ziegler installed sensory receptors throughout his suit, as well as the artificial spine that ran down his back, with the idea that Genji would be able to tell whenever he or his suit was damaged in battle. While he felt pain, he also had the ability to feel the most pleasurable touches, as well. In fact, he was sensitive to even the slightest of touches. For a while, he cursed Dr. Ziegler for making his receptors far too sensitive, though over time he had grown used to it. Now, he found himself thankful.

Everytime that he felt Dahlia's touch- like earlier that evening when she surprised him by wrapping her arms around his torso and burying her head into his chest- it sent him into a spiraling fit of confusing sensations. It was something that he had yet to feel whenever he was touched by any other being.

It was tiring. Genji rarely slept, for the cybernetic enhancements to his body made it so that he barely exerted any energy whilst living his everyday life. The suit was designed to withstand the hardest blows and the most gruesome battles without allowing him to grow tired, and yet he felt exhausted when he returned to his dorm that night. There was something about Dahlia's touch and the sensations it brought him that just wore him out, and he found himself longing for sleep. It happened before, when Dr. Ziegler purposely had the Nogitsune repair his arm while she was training in the medbay. The doctor knew what she was doing, sending cheeky smirks in Genji's direction whenever she noticed the way his body tensed at her touch.

Genji groaned as he collapsed onto the neatly made mattress. His visor lay abandoned on the ottoman at the end of the bed, along with the bits of armor that concealed the organic parts of his body throughout the day. He ran his hands down his face, one flesh and one metal. Dr. Ziegler's voice echoed through his head, reminding him to sleep every once in a while in order to allow the remaining organic parts of his body to rest. That night, Genji had no problem doing so. He fell asleep almost as soon as he closed his eyes.

And yet, he was awake almost as quickly as he fell asleep. A sound coming from outside his bedroom grabbed his attention, and he sat up in bed. He was about to move towards his armor, though he froze as the door swung open and revealed a silhouetted figure, and it took only a moment for him to realize that it was Dahlia. She stepped inside the room and closed the door behind her, casting the room into darkness once more. She moved towards him in just a few swift steps. Genji's body was tense as she stood at the side of the bed, gazing down at him through hooded eyes. She reached out to run a finger along his bare arm, and feeling her touch against his bare skin only amplified the sensations she gave him. His eyes fluttered shut, sucking in a deep breath.

"I know what my touch does to you." Her soft voice met his ears, causing his eyes to snap open once more to look up at her in surprise. "It's happening right now, right?"

Genji didn't respond. He had no idea how to respond. He had no idea how Dahlia managed to get into his room in the middle of his night, nor did he know why she was suddenly acting this way after seeming so repulsed by him. He watched in a stunned silence as she reached up and ran her fingertips along the metallic plating that lined his jaw. She suddenly climbed on top of him, causing him to stifle a groan as she straddled his hips. Her lips curled into a cheeky grin, and she leaned so close that her lips dusted over his own.

"You want me, hm?" Her other hand trailed up and down his chest, fingers dancing over the metallic plating and sending shivers down his artificial spine. Once again, Genji said nothing; he simply swallowed nervously. He was having a hard time thinking straight, let alone forming words, for the feeling of her touch was causing his head to spin uncontrollably. Dahlia pressed her lips against his for a split second, biting down on his lower lip before pulling away once more, though it broke him. He reached up and gripped her waist tightly; although he couldn't see his crimson eyes, he knew that the cybernetic enhancements within them were glowing brightly in the dim lighting.

"Don't you?" Dahlia asked again, and this time he was able to find the words to respond.

"Yes." The word fell from his lips before he could stop himself. He wasn't entirely sure whether he truly meant it or not.

She hummed in satisfaction. She continued to run her hand up and down his chest, growing lower and lower with each pass. "Good."

Genji sucked in a deep breath as his eyes shot open. The image of Dahlia straddling him disappeared, and he found himself alone in his room once again. Sweat covered his scarred skin, and his suit whirred loudly with each breath he took. He ran a hand through his damp hair, tongue darting out to swipe across his lips as he recalled the feeling of Dahlia's kiss. The soft breeze coming from the ceiling fan above his head brushed against his exposed skin, and he shivered.

This is why I never try to sleep.