Chapter 9 : Bombing at the mall

There was now two months left of school and Adeline couldn't wait for the summer break. She still hadn't found her dress for homecoming and neither had Madison nor Bianca so they went shopping together. They were in the train on their way to the mall.

"Seriously, Bianca, you should say yes! You guys obliviously like each other. " Maddy said, throwing her arm in the air.

"And he's pretty cute too. " Adeline added. They were talking about Bianca's crush. He asked her to be her date at the dance but she didn't know if she should say yes.

"Oh, come on! You know that I'm not ready to have a boyfriend. " Bianca scolds

"We're not talking about you dating him! Just accept to be his date. I know that you want to. " Madison says, trying to convince one of her best friends.

"Whatever. " Bianca says and the girls step out of the train. "And do you have a date? " Bianca asks Madison

"Yes! Luke asked me, and I accepted. "

"And I guess that you're going with Peter? " Bianca said turning to Adeline

"I am. " She answered. A few guys in her year had asked her, but she refused. Even if Peter was two years younger, she'd rather go with him than anyone else.

╚»★«╝ • ╚»★«╝ ╚»★«╝ • ╚»★«╝

They were now walking in the 20th something shop to find dresses. Adeline had found her dress pretty fast but her friends seemed to be more difficult when it came to choose their dresses.

"Show me the dress Maddy! " Adeline exclaimed.

Madison pulled the curtain and came out with a blush pink dress that fitted her perfectly.

"Oh my god, Maddy..." Adeline trails off, breathless.

"You think that it's the one? " Madison asked sheepishly.

"I know it's the one! You're totally buying that!"

Madison smiled brightly and went back inside the dressing room to take it off and once she was done, she went to sit beside her best friend.

"Hey, Bianca. Does it fit? You've been in there for 20 minutes. " Madison stated.

"Yeah, it fits. " Bianca answers from the fitting room. "I'm just not sure that it's the right one."

"Show us. " Adeline says and Madison nods.

Bianca comes out of her dressing room with a bright yellow dress. Adeline and Madison's mouth were hanging open.

"It's a bit... too much?" Bianca says unsure

"If you are not buying this dress at this instant, I will and force you to wear it." Madison says with an impressed voice.

"You look amazing!" Adeline says

"I think that I'll get it." Bianca says checking herself out in the mirror.

"Hell, yeah you are! " Madison agrees.

And just as Bianca was paying, a huge explosion resounds through the mall. Screams could be heard everywhere.

"What was that?" Madison asks frightened.

Adeline turned to the store employee, "Do you have a back entrance?" She asked and the cashier nodded, a frightened look in her eyes. "Okay, listen to me. I want you to get everyone out of this shop by the back entrance and call the authorities." Adeline turned around and gave her phone to Madison. "Go to my contacts and call Steve. After that, call your parents and tell them that you're okay. I need to go check it out."