Chapter 2 : Super Secret Spy Agency

Midtown Science high school

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said; "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Well, right now Ralph, I am not leaving a trail. I'm in math class working on algebra, again. I might be a genius at school, but that doesn't mean that I enjoy passing roughly 8 hours listening to a boring teacher that hates his job and would probably like to be anywhere else than with us.

Anyway, I shouldn't be complaining. I have great friends and a good family. I live with my mom and my dad, Jenna, and Mark Jones. I also have my best friends Madison Morgan, Peter Parker, and Bianca...

"Miss Jones?"

I looked up to see a woman at the door.

"There's someone at the front for you." She tells me

Someone at the front? Why would someone come to get me in the middle of the afternoon? I pick up my things and follow her out of the door.

She led me to the front office and left. Who could possibly be there? Not my parents, they're both working. I opened the door and got in.

"Uh, hey, I was told that someone was here for me?" I told the secretary

She pointed to my right. I thought I was about to see my aunt or something but no. No, it was like, 5 dudes all dressed in smokings looking like the actors in Men In Black.

I turned back to her, "You're kidding right?". She shook her head no and I turned back to them. The only man without sunglasses turned back to me.

"Hi, you must be Adeline." I nod my head

"I'm Phil Coulson, I work at S.H.I.E.L.D" We shake hands

"Isn't that a super-secret spy agency or something?"

"Not so secret after the events of last year."

Last year, some aliens invaded New York. That's when the Avengers were known and loved by everyone, including me.

"And what can I do for you?" I told him

"Well, I have some news for you but I don't think that this is the right place."

"Who said that when I follow you in your SUV, you won't kill me and dump me down the East River?"

He let out a little laugh, "I promise, I would never do that or anything else for that matter. Now if you will, follow me."

We walked out of the school and we both got in one of the 3 cars that they came with. I took out my phone and texted Peter.

If I don't call you in one hour, call the police - Adeline

"Where are we going?" I asked

"Stark tower. Well now it's called the Avengers Tower but, you know what I mean. They're not there at the moment."

The Avengers Tower, you've got to be kidding me. What have I gotten myself into?