Chapter 8 : Teach me how to fight

It was later in afternoon. Adeline was doing her homework on the dinning table. She had been working since 1pm and it was now 4. Steve walks out of his room with his keys and gym bag. He saw his daughter sitting at the table so he walked over there and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"Do you need help with that? " He asked, pointing at her homework.

"No, thank you. I'm almost done anyway. " She answers before noticing his bag and keys. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to the gym. I won't be long, I'll be there for dinner." Steve tells her

"Oh, you're practicing your fighting?"

"Basically, yeah." He didn't want to tell her that he was also doing it to help with his flashbacks. He didn't want to worry her.

"You could teach me." She proposed. "To fight, I mean."

"Adeline..." Steve trailed off. He wasn't quite reader to introduce her to this part of their world.

"Please! I need to know how to defend myself and others if Hydra attacks." She pleaded

Steve sat down in front of Adeline, taking her hand in his. "Listen, Adi. What we do is dangerous and I don't want to see you hurt. I want you to have a normal life. "

"I will never have a normal life. I was given these abilities and I intend to use them to help others. " She answered.

Steve cradles her cheek in his right hand. "If you show your abilities, it could be easier for them to find you. The answer is no, I'm sorry."

"Okay." Adeline said, disappointed.

Steve examined her face for a few seconds before walking away. "I'm sorry."

Adeline had a plan. She felt bad to go behind her father's back but she had no choice.

╚»★«╝ • ╚»★«╝ ╚»★«╝ • ╚»★«╝

Natasha Romanoff walked inside Phil Coulson's office to give him a briefing of her last mission. She had been in Italy since after meeting Adeline and had came back just now. After she was done talking to him, the youngest Rogers walked in the room wanting to speak with Natasha.

"Hey, Nat. Can I speak with you for a moment?" Adeline asked.

"Yeah, sure."

They walked outside the office and Adeline immediately spoke. "Teach me how to fight."

"You want me to what?" Natasha asked

"I want you to teach me how to fight. My dad said no but..."

"If he said no, then it's no Adeline. I don't want to go behind his back to train you. I can talk to him though."

"He'll refuse again! He's convinced that if I get stronger, it'll be easier for them to find me. You could start my training and if we see that I get better, we could talk to him about it? " Adeline said with puppy dog eyes.

"Oh god! " She sighs. "Okay, okay but please stop looking at me like that." Nat agreed reluctantly.

Adeline hugged the spy. "Thank you so much! " Natasha rolls her eyes smiling, but hugged her back. "Yeah, you're lucky that I like you."

╚»★«╝ • ╚»★«╝ ╚»★«╝ • ╚»★«╝

2 weeks later

Punches and kicks were being thrown around. Panting could be heard from both women. They were slowly circling each other. Adeline flexed her fingers before lunging forward. Natasha quickly stepped aside but Adeline swung her fist back, hitting her mentor hard on the shoulder. Natasha grabbed her fist and threw her on the floor but Adeline reacted quickly. Still laying on her back on the floor, Adeline grabbed Natasha's arms and pulled them hard. While doing that, she placed her feet on the ginger's stomach and pushed her petite body in a flip over her head.

Natasha landed hard on her back witch ended their fight. She got up, panting.  "Very good for someone who couldn't throw a punch two weeks ago." Natasha said helping Adeline up.

"Thank you." Adeline said breathless.

"We're good for today, you did well." Natasha said, patting her back.

"When do we start practicing with weapons?" The young girl asked her mentor

"Not now, you're not ready." Natasha answered

"When will I be?"

"Soon, be patient. Now go before your father starts looking for you."

Adeline walked smiling. Training was one her favorite thing in world. She felt strong and untouchable and she couldn't wait to her next session.