Favorite WBC

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

4 | Favorite WBC

J-1178 - Cells at Work! BLACK

Struggle.
From birth, J-1178 knew that her life would be devoted to fighting. Facing the enemy, falling and getting back up, then picking up her sword and continuing to fight. Endlessly, without even a short stop.
A break wasn't allowed, for otherwise it would be the end of the entire organism.
J-1178 had better understood the meaning of the fight when she had emerged from the red bone marrow. All around her were scenes of destruction and lives on the brink, constant wars and innocents losing their lives every day.
She was a white blood cell and, as such, she had to keep going without stopping...

However, she didn't have a heart of ice. None of them did, not even her beloved big sister who was used to mercilessly eliminate any enemy, even ordinary cells infected by viruses.
She had feelings, and often couldn't help but be sad in the face of the terrible environment in which she worked every day.
She would continue to cry within herself, to ask herself those thousands of "why's" that crowded her mind every day, while her body would continue to fight for a better future, for that hope that faded with each passing day.
She didn't have time to stop and mourn those who had fallen, but she would continue to do so within her heart.
There, in the depths of her body, would be enough room for a pause.