Gaze/Eyes

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

28 | Gaze/Eyes

DA4901 | Cells at Work! BLACK

DA4901's gaze was capable of peering into the depths of anyone the red blood cell met along its path. It took only a few seconds, a quick exchange of glances, to make the young erythrocyte understand if the person in front of him was sincere or not: for him a glance was worth a thousand words, because from a glance it was possible to understand the reasons of some behaviors in certain situations.
DA4901's gaze was able to pick up any signal from his work colleagues. He was able to perceive the sincere admiration towards him from his brotherly friend SS1104, or the great disappointment towards the difficult working conditions from the normal cells,
In recent times, DA4901's gaze was able to go beyond all this. All the erythrocyte had to do was to look around, to touch the walls of the houses or the floor on which he walked every day to understand everything the body was feeling. Joy, pain, relief: it was as if DA4901 had entered into symbiosis with the organism in which he worked, it was as if he himself had become the manifestation of the organism in the form of one of its simple cells. A sort of intermediary between the body and his colleagues: this was what the young erythrocyte felt he was, and he understood it even more during the battle against the cancer cells.
DA4901 would go on living and fighting, for his sake and that of the whole organism: to survive, to do his best to help that body that had finally found the right way to live in a healthy way.