Night

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

19 | Night

AA2153 - Cells at Work! BLACK

AA2153 loved the night. He loved it because it was the time when everything slowed down its course, starting with red blood cells like him that had more time to rest and recover the energy spent during the day.
He loved it because he had more time to stop and admire what other cells were doing: white blood cells sleeping at the edge of blood vessels, platelets chatting happily on a street corner, normal cells looking out of windows to say goodnight to their neighbors.
He also loved it because the atmosphere around him became filled with light and colors, even more so than during the day. The blood vessels, free from the intense traffic of cells that animated them during the day, shone with an intense light that until now seemed unknown to all the inhabitants of the body: a light full of life, full of home for a better life that was waiting for everyone.
AA2153 paused near a bridge and from that position he observed the landscape of the night city. Absolute silence reigned all around him, a silence broken from time to time by a sweet melody wafting through the air.
He smiled: in that moment he remembered everyting he had felt the first time he had seen such a view: those emotions were still alive inside him, and were always able not only to make him happy, but to give him all the energies he need to continue working.
The body needed each of them to live... and he could finally be proud of the work he did every day.