Draw yourself as a WBC

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

13 | Draw yourself as a WBC

The new recruits among the leucocytes were very careful to listen to everything their group leader was saying, about the work they were going to do from that moment on: some of them were taking some notes on their notebooks, to make sure they didn't forget anything.
At the end of the training the new white blood cells were divided into groups of two, to begin the daily patrol for blood vessels. For two of them, however, the situation was more unfortunate: after a few hours of all-too-quiet walking, the two girls sat against the wall of a capillary.
«Ugh, when is it going to be time to fight?» muttered the long-haired, curly-haired youth. «Maybe I'll just go back to the red bone marrow: it was more interesting there!»
«Actually, there would be something even more interesting, heheh...»
Her short, wavy-haired companion drew her friend's attention with a gentle nudge: the eyes of the two leucocytes were on a raven-haired boy, who was on the opposite side and was carrying a cart loaded with two boxes of oxygen.
As she was about to make a genuine appreciation of the young man's physical appearance, the two sprang to their feet and drew their swords. With a leap they were immediately at him, ready to take out the germ that had suddenly appeared behind the red blood cell.
The two exclaimed in one voice: «Die―»
«... you bastard germ!»
In a split second, a third white blood cell had barred the way to them, splitting the bacterium that was attacking the erythrocyte in two. The other two stood with their swords raised upward, completely dumbfounded: their senpai, a girl with pink hair pulled back into two tails, placed the sword back in its sheath and arranged a tuft behind her ear, quietly.
«It's not fair, senpai!» the two shouted in disappointment.
The other leucocyte smiled, before going over to the red blood cell and making sure he was okay. «You must learn to be faster than me: that's the only way you'll be able to beat the enemy in no time.»